“Good Food, Great Beer”

Cuisines: Bar, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Came here with my girlfriend and friends while visiting friends in Royal Oak. Good food for a brewery, and the great beer selection. For food we ordered the Fish & Chips and Applewood Bacon Grilled Cheese sandwich.

Portions were really good and the fries were excellent! They also had TVs for sports and a really nice outdoor seating area. The atmosphere was really good for an outing with friends.

1  Thank Navid W

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We tried the deep fried pickle chips for our appetizer and they were very good. For our main course we had the pulled pork sandwich. The sandwich was just average. Smothered in barbecue sauce and layered with their version of coleslaw, I found it somewhat lacking. The french fries were the usual batter dipped variety, I only ate a few (why cant anyone make real french fries)?
The beer here is very good with the El Rojo being my favorite.
The service was top notch!

1  Thank Jeffster123
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Dan Rogers has brewed great beer everywhere he has brewed and the beer we had at Griffin Claw proved his brewmaster skills are still excellent. I love the Biergarten setting outside and the temperature was excellent which made the setting all that much better. We just had beer which was excellent but plan on returning for a burger and the hot fudge brownie with the Bourbon barrel stout. The service was prompt and efficient.

2  Thank trbeer
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Truly one of finest new brewpubs I have been to recently. A long and broad beer list and everything that I tasted was very good--impressive to see a dozen beers available. This place should appeal to 'beerheads' since they have very solid IPAs, a Brown, and a Red and each one was impressive--their bourbon barren aged imperial stout is not to be missed for those who like a strong beer. Their food offerings are not that many but I would think that most people could find something on the menu that would work for them--the prices were reasonable and the portions were not oversized (which is fine by me). The space is very casual with most being benched picnic style tables. They do have a nice outdoor area too. The staff was helpful and pleasant. Worth a try if you have not been there yet.

1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Very welcoming, enjoyed both the fun and open atmosphere. Beautiful christmas lights in the trees. Brew their own beer-amazing!

1  Thank Cheltzy