“8.5 Out of 10”

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 101 Restaurants in Birmingham
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Old Woodward
Royal Oak, Michigan
“8.5 Out of 10”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We reserved the private dining room for my partners birthday with 16 guests. The table arrangement was a bit tight although we managed just fine. The wait staff was very attentive and the food and drinks were wonderful. If you enjoy high end seafood, this is the place to go!

• Visited December 2013

Grosse Pointe, Michigan
“Very disappointing visit”
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We have not been here for several years, and we're very sorry to see how rundown this has become. It badly needs renovating and general maintenance- burned out light bulbs, sagging benches in the booth, etc.
It is also lacking on thoughtful accessibility for handicapped patrons.
That being said, our dinners were quite good, however, the service was mediocre at best. The management needs to pay more attention to detail, repairs, and training. We were disappointed as we had been there a few years ago and ot was wonderful then. Too bad.

Visited March 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Best fish I've had thus far”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I've been to the Livonia and Birmingham locations numerous of times. The one good thing I can say about both locations: consistency. The food, in particularly the Salmon, is always great.

Visited November 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Never a bad meal!”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is my go-to restaurant when we are celebrating or have out-of-town guests. I can always count on the excellent servers to answer all sorts of questions. I have asked them to exclude any dairy products - the chef came out to assure me that my request could be honored.

Fresh fish everyday! Great New Year's Eve and Valentine's Day menus!

I went here on the day of my mother's funeral. The waiter asked me how I was, and I told him. A free drink (of my choice) appeared for both me and my husband. I will never forget that kindness!

• Visited February 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Revisit”
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

Friday, a few of us met for dinner. I have to admit this dinner was better than my last visit. The manager did contact me and made me whole from my last visit. However, this time I didn't order surf n turf, instead I ordered the seafood trio.

Allison was a nice server. And it was nice that our previous server came over and greeted us.

Thanks