“Fun diversion”

Blissfield Murder Mystery Train
Reviewed 12 February 2013

We booked our trip in December and could see some holiday lights through the windows. Otherwise, there is nothing to see of the landscape or town. The entertainers were pretty awful, except for the lady who played Liza Minnelli - she was a hoot! There really is no mystery. I think they just pick who the murderer is willy-nilly. The food was fine, and our waitress was wonderful. I would recommend booking with another couple, otherwise you could get stuck sitting with someone incompatible. Not enough bathroom facilities for that many people on board. A fun thing to do as a change of pace, but I wouldn't go again.

2  Thank MiMary

Reviewed 3 December 2012

We took the kids on the Santa train this weekend. Imagine our surprise when we found our assigned seats, opened the curtains on the windows (which were drawn closed throughout the whole car) and discovered that the windows were covered with a film so that we couldn't see out them! The other two cars in the train had nice, big, clear windows. The conductor told us that our car had not been renovated (unlike the other two) and that the windows were covered with a safety film to make the old windows shatterproof to meet government safety standards, and that the owner had decided it was just too expensive to replace the windows in this car (as had been done in the other cars). Clearly this was an "overflow" car for times when they sold lots of tickets, but how in good conscience can they sell tickets for a day excursion when they *know* you can't see out the windows? Who would do such a thing? No one offered compensation of any kind. At a *minimum* they should warn customers in advance of "obstructed views" and sell these seats at a deep discount.

5  Thank LG_Mom_of_2_boys
Reviewed 9 November 2012

It was a great evenin. We went with friends. Wondrful meal, and the Mystery had us in stitches. Very talented young people.

2  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We got to the parking lot early so we didn't have to park in the mud...what a bonus! I think I figured out why the food was so bland...this is more of an entertainment for older folks who don't like spice or flavor! The food was not horrible but for the money it was a rip-off. They claimed it was a 5-star dinner, but I think you will find that most will be disappointed with it. Also, the food is catered in so it's only luke warm.... not impressive.
The entertainment was equally disappointing. There was one gal that could really sing, so that kinda saved a terrible train ride in the dark. The skit was unorganized, microphones did not work, and they lacked practice. I have seen grade-school plays with more polish. There were a few laughs, but not a good show in general.
In summary, I'm glad I did it but I will never do it again. Maybe everyone was having an off-night, but I wouldn't recommend this.

3  Thank HighlandChigger
Reviewed 2 October 2012

It is old and smelly and you cannot see out the windows because they are so glazed. Mediocre food. NOT worth the money!!

4  Thank Cyndy P