“Always good”

Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
“Always good”
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is on a strip mall not attractive next to everything for a funeral.
But the food is always good , the service too.

• Visited February 2014

Warren, Michigan
“The Top.”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent food great service. I will recommend the Tabbouli salad because it has a lot of benefits and it's good for your health.

Royal Oak, Michigan
“great mediterranean”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

La Marsa is one of those restaurants that requires considerable self-restraint between the time you sit down and the time your entree arrives. That's because the bread and garlic sauce are of the life-changing variety. And the hommous? Quite possibly the best in the area. Two of our party got the hommous with chicken and loved it. I got the hommous with lamb, and it was delicious. If I have a gripe, it's that I'd like more lamb. The last of our party got the shish tawook and had high praise as well. The lentil soup is delicious, as is the lamb chili. This place is tremendous, and the server was very attentive.

Visited January 2014
Madison Heights, Michigan
“My favorite restaurant!”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I visited LaMarsa at lunch today to celebrate a dear friend's recovery after a sudden heart attack. We needed to go somewhere that had healthy options and LaMarsa fit the bill. Despite the restaurant being very busy to serve the lunch crowd, our server Jack was outstanding. He checked on us frequently and took our order without a hitch, memorizing lunch orders rather than writing them down. Our food was delivered with no mistakes even though we had special requests of dressing on the side, no pepperocini, etc.

Our group ordered the veggie w/ hummous appetizer. When it was delivered to the table everyone remarked on the beautiful display. It was by far the best hummous I have ever had and the vegetables were crisp and fresh. The hummous was also a good accomaniament to the warm toasted pita bread and garlic that was given to all diners at no charge.

We all ordered salads, either the Greek the Fattoush Tawook or the Spinach Tawook.There were no complaints. We all ordered the grilled chicken atop the salad and it was amazing. Our friend with the heart issue asked about a lower sodium option and server Jack was helpul with his recommendations. We all remarked on how we could never make a salad this good at home. Two of us ordered coffee and I wish I knew the brand because it was delicious.

The ambiance of the restaurant was nice. Not only was the dining area clean, but the bathroom was spotless. The manager of the restaurant was dressed impeccably, even for the lunch hour. He wore a suit and greeted the customers. I observed him serving a neighboring table to help the server.

The only complaint I have (and given the recent Michigan weather it is understood) is that my friend noticed a few drips from a leak somewhere dripping on her back. We looked up and saw that the ceiling tiles were wet and there was water dripping on my friend from this leak. We told Jack and he offered to move us, but we had a large group and were already quite comfortable, so were able to just move around a bit so the drip didn't hit her (most of the time).

All in all, LaMarsa remains one of my favorite restaurants. It is an excellent place to celebrate with friends, for a family meal, a date or for business. The menu choices are healthy and are a good option for vegetarians and those with special diets. I am glad I was able to visit this location today and expect I will be visiting it again the future.

• Visited January 2014
Newton, Massachusetts
“Outstanding Middle Eastern Food”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

La Marsa is one of the top restaurants in the area, and serves superb Middle Eastern food. We dine here regularly. The portions are quite generous, and the prices are extremely reasonable. We recently enjoyed the sampler plate for 2, which includes hummus, tabbouli, falafel, grapeleaves, baba ghannooj, chicken kabob, and shish kafta; the combo platter also comes with a choice of rice/French fries plus soup/salad. The lentil soup was amazing. The sampler platter for 2 would comfortably feed 4 people. We also ordered the mousaka, which was outstanding. This dish also comes with the option of rice/fries plus soup/salad. They serve a variety of raw juice combinations, and their smoothies are outstanding. The service is always excellent. The restaurant can be difficult to spot--it is in a small strip mall set back from Woodward Blvd. One final tip--they have a 15% off coupon on their website.

• Visited January 2014