“Nice Vibe”

Andiamo Italia West
Reserve with OpenTable
Andiamo Italia West is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Maple
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Met friends late for drinks, music and dancing. Place was recently renovated and looks great. Hip male/female singer combo. Nice crowd and atmosphere.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

I love this place. The food the servcie is fantastic. Its fresh and sooooooooo good. I have eaten at a lot of the Andiamo's and they are all quality. If your looking for a place were the food is just like from Italy. Then this is the spot. The bar area is also good. Nice Wine slection. They are closing down for 12 days to do some remolding. I cant wait to see the new look.

Reviewed 27 September 2011

In addition to being a very elegant Italian restaurant, it also happens to be purportedly the last place Jimmy Hoffa was seen before he disappeared. Shortly after my mentor (a regular customer) and I sat down, the warm, gracious owner, Jerry Vitale, checked on us. His very high standard of customer service trickled down to the valet attendant, who helpfully offered to park my car and didn’t make me feel like a schmuck for asking how much valet service costs (it’s free; tips are accepted). Self-parking spaces around the restaurant are very few, still fewer when hosting a snow bank. Everything's good here, including the minestroni, bow-tie pasta and spumoni.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

Four of us ate at Adiamo-Bloomfield Township for the first time of August 25. The good news is that the food is excellent. In addition to Brushetta as an appetizer, our main dishes included Filet mignons, Tortellini alla panna, and Farfalle con bocconcini di pollo. Everything was well prepared and delicious. Everyone at the table gave parise to their dishes. The Filets were tender, succulent and done exactly as requested. The Totrollini was in a truffle creme sauce which was so good every drop was consumed, including sopping it up with bread. Praise was also givin to the Farfalle chicken and pasta dish. We ordered desserts and all were exquisite.

The bad new is that the service was rushed. Before we could finish our appetizers, soup and salad were served. Before people could finsh the soup or salad, pastas were brought out. My wife had to stack dishes on the table so that she had a place to set the pasta while she was trying to finish her soup. I finally told the server that we were not in a rush and we did not want a course served until we had finished the previous one. She seemed a bit taken back by this and then said she would see to it. I do not know if my request had anything to do with it, but the main dishes were not served until the previous dishes were finished, as it should be. At a restaurant like this the serving staff should not have to be told that each subsequent dish was not to be piled on the table before the previous course had been completed. If it is the kitchen's fault they should be retrained.

The bottom line is that you can have excellent food at a restaurant, but if the service is not good the meal is spoiled, and this was the case here. The total bill for the four of us including 1 appetizer, 2 glasses of wine 4 amin dishes, and 3 desserts, with gratuity, averaged out to $50 per person. The food deserves a 4 or 5 rating. The rushed service deserves a 2 rating at best, so I tried to average this with a 3 rating.

Reviewed 17 April 2011

Is the Governor coming? Arrived on time for our reservation. Taken to a table next to the kitchen door which we declined. All of the lovely tables in the middle of the room were open. Who are they saving them for? Next...taken to a table in the bar. Fine at first but then filled up and very noisy. Ordered my very dry Beefeater Martini. The bartenders very cute gals but the drink not good. No Beefeater? Should have sent it back but didn't. I had the halibut special for $29 and it was very good but not hot. I am not fussy about food temp but this was barely warm. The couple seated next to us had not even gotten their beverages while we were eating our food. They had arrived minutes after us. It was all very odd. On the way out I noticed that one of the lovely tables in the middle of the room was still empty. The Governor a no show? This is not a low end restaurant. They are very lucky to have a good business. They need to improve because we won't be going back and if anyone else feels like I do, they won't either.