“wonderful weekend getaway”
Review of Edelweiss Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boyne Falls
Edelweiss Lodge
Michigan
“wonderful weekend getaway”
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My sister and I had a spa getaway at Boyne Mountain last weekend. It was wonderful! We booked a room at the Edelweiss Lodge and our room was clean, cute, and comfortable, with a great view. The spa was luxurious, and we loved the complimentary activities offered by the resort - we took the free scenic chairlift ride and used the kayaks at Deer Lake (which is gorgeous, by the way). The resort has a relaxed, laid-back atmosphere in the summer - so different from the bustling winter season. I want to go back next summer! I'd go back next weekend if I could!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank triplover01

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My spouse and I decided to make a trip to Michigan for a friends wedding. Boyne Resort was the suggested hotel for the event. We reviewed Edelweiss Lodge pictures and booked a room online. Seemed like a clean BB type of room.
Once checked in. We then saw the truth. Edelweiss is in serious disrepair and smells of mold. There were marks on the walls, doors not closing properly, loose tiles in the shower, and I would not stay in this hotel ever. I would rather sleep in the rental car!
We called the front desk and they agreed! They said, "I know I would never stay in that room."
The manager provided us a full refund without an apology. Basically expecting us to come back once we saw the room for a refund. Terrible resort and terrible customer service!

Room Tip: stay away. mold.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MegGreen

Travellers are raving about these Boyne Falls hotels

Wateford, MI
Reviewed 8 February 2009

Purchased a weekend ski & stay package from Boyne's website. Booking was easy and the price was quite good.

Edelweiss has the best location on the mountain. It is just uphill of the main high-speed chairlift, so it is literally ski-in, ski-out. In terms of location, it's even better than the Mountain Grand Lodge. There's nothing like popping in for an hour nap, then heading back out in no time. It's also very close to the rest of the Boyne Village, as well as the restaurant where breakfast is served.

Our room had decent cable TV and Wifi.

A few issues: First, Edelweiss is the oldest structure on the mountain, and it shows, especially in the bathroom. Then again, we didn't spend all that much time in the room. The other issue is that the walls are very thin, so we heard conversations in rooms 30 feet down the hall and heard every skiier stomping through the halls in their boots. One night, at nearly midnight, there was a rowdy bunch on our floor--screaming, playing loud music and making as much noise as possible. Fortunately Boyne security came by and resolved the issue quickly.

We'd stay there again,

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Thin walls
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Aviator26
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 12 August 2008

We stayed here for the 4th of July weeked. I can't say enough for the excellent service. We booked at the Eldeweiss hotel to save money. We arrrived at 1:00 the check in wasn't supposed to be until 5:00 but our room was ready. We received complimentary ski lift tickets which was fun. They had smores one night which the kids loved. The indoor water park was very nice. I requested a cot when I was in the lobby and it was waiting for us before we walked back to our room. The room was clean and cozy, would be perfect for the winter. I plan on going back.

• Liked — COMFORTABLE BEDS
  • Disliked — THE OUTDOOR POOL DIDN'T OPEN UNTIL 11:00
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family