“Great stay”

Boyne Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Boyne Falls
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stayed at two different locations within the Boyne Mt. property. The first was a large suite in the main lodge. The room was awesome. The first leve had a full bath, a full kitchen area and in the living room there was a beautiful gas log fireplace. The large balcony over looked the pool area. Upstairs there was another full bathroom and three bedrooms. The master had a King size bed, another room had a queen and the third was a kids themed bunk room with two sets of bunks. This was great for our bachelorette party...we had plenty of room to hang out and to sleep.

The second place I stayed was in a condo in a newer development. This was a stay with the bride and bridesmaids the night before the wedding. The condo was adorable and spacious. There was a large kitchen, a decent size living room area. There were only two bedrooms. One was the master and it had a king size bed and large bathroom with a jacuzzi tub and a large glass enclosed shower. In the second bedroom there were two queen beds. There was another full bathroom in the hallway and there was a laundry closet with a washer / dryer. There was also a private patio. It was just the right size for 9 girls. We had two hair stylists come the next morning to do hair and also two photographers and honestly with all 13 of us in the kitchen / living room area it was not too crowded.

Room Tip: If I were traveling with my kids, I would probably opt to stay in the Main Lodge. Besides the pool...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Momma22boys
There are newer reviews for Boyne Mountain Resort

Reviewed 24 September 2011

There were 5 children and 2 adults. I was highly dissapointed in the condo we stayed in. The place was so outdated for the price we paid. Some of the lights didn't work and the place smelled of mildew. The children enjoyed the waterpark. If i had known that the condo was like that we could have stayed at a hotel of the property.

Reviewed 21 September 2011

Reception had no record of my payment, so the clerk had to call my office and several of her own offices. She eventually just pushed the key over the counter toward me while she was still on the phone.

No elevator in the "Edelweiss" building--drag your own bags up the cramped stairwell. Knobs/locks on the room doors are bed/bath interior locksets--completely unsuitable for hotel rooms (I can't believe they meet the building code for hotels.) Room decor makes "dated" seem like an upgrade--it is suicidally depressing. The room feels like a cell in a psych hospital. Not even a bedskirt--exposed metal frames. Beat-up forty-year-old furniture, stains and scars on everything. Walls are institutional seafoam green and dirty as hell. TV is ancient and tiny. Bathroom is reasonably clean but tiny and ugly. I think the fixtures are older than I am, and I am not a spring chicken. The chair I am currently sitting in seems to have missing parts; wobbles and has unraveling upholstery.

Well, the carpet seems new-ish and the room is adequately sized, but that doesn't quite make up for the grungy feel of the place. I'll take a few Prozac and maybe it will seem nicer.

Room Tip: The Edelweiss building will make you want to kill yourself.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank Jason_KZ_MI
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We use to go to Boyne Mountain twice a year on Summer and Winter time. Each time is a real pleasur but we can do a lot of activities, for kids and for adults. The location is gorgeous, the personal very pleasant. The waterpart is a big plus when the weather is no nice.

1  Thank Grenoblemi
Reviewed 11 September 2011

When we walked in the condo we were disappointed. The establishment not only needs some major updating but some pride as well. The place was clean and provided a fully stocked kitchen but it still wasn't worth the price. The bed was comfortable but a good night sleep was ruined by an air conditioner that would wake you up from a dead sleep because it was so loud......and unfortunately it was too hot and stuffy to not have it on. We had fun at the water park and on the zip line but next time we would not stay at Boyne itself.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank hjeldon
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed at Boyne Mountain on labor day weekend. There were about a dozen of us. My husband, kids and I stayed in a hotel room while my mom, sisters and their families stayed in a condo. Our room in the Clock Tower was great - you can tell it had been remodeled recently. The condo was quite the opposite - the paint was crumbling, the design outdated and there was only a wall air conditioner for a four bedroom condo.

We took advantage of the waterpark, the zipline tour, and golf. Our family enjoyed the waterpark, the slides were great and their was a lot of room to move around. There were parts that needed updated, such as painting and general cleaning. Also, my family has been to 10 different waterparks and this one had the worst lifeguards - there were very few and they seemed disinterested most of the time...not very safe for a place with a ton of kids. The zipline adventure was great - the guides were fabulous and the ziplines were a blast! We also golfed the Alpine which was a very nice course and ate at the Trophy Room. The food was great - highly recommend the pizza! Overall Boyne was very nice and we will go there again, especially for the waterpark feature. I hope they remodel the rest of the property to bring it into the 21st century.

3  Thank GreatLakesBeauty
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I was kinda nervous reading all the reviews that were on here about the elderwiess here at Boyne. And to be quite honest what I have read (negitive comments) are completly wrong. We stayed three nights and the beds were amazing !! The service was great and the rooms were clean! *no spiders* now granted the rooms are not no grand lodge. With all the newer ammedities but its good enough and the prices are a ton better! If you are one of those people who like to stay in the hotel room and have all the ammendities this hotel is not for you but if you are like us and are out enjoying Boyne and all it has to offer this is perfect for you. It just depends on what you personally like. But my trip to Boyne and elderwiess was nothing but wonderful!!

We will be back again in the summer and winter!

• Stayed: August 2011
#1 of 9 in Charlevoix
Boyne Highlands Resort
Boyne Highlands Resort
#2 of 3 in Harbor Springs

Been to Boyne Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!