“Nice place for a meeting in fall”

Boyne Mountain Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Boyne Falls
Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

I went here in the fall for a business meeting. It was very pretty that time of year. I didn't do any activities that were offered there as I was on business. However, the meeting room was decent, and the
food that was served for lunch was good. The room I stayed in overnight for the meeting was clean. It looked like it been redone recently. It had a Swiss ski lodge feel to it, but it wasn't overly tacky. I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Boyne Mountain Resort

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We didnt stay at Boyne Mountain, but nearby and spent our days at the resort.

The spa...I can't describe how great it is. Loved the women's area, the hot tub was lovely, the massages were excellent and relaxing. I feel asleep in the relaxation room...its that nice.
Also, being able to swim outside in the middle of winter was an experience I won't soon forget. The staff were very nice and constantly asked how things were.

The breakfast buffet is a must. Don't skip it!!!!!

I tried to learn the ski and had a bad experience with one of the instructors (very demeaning and rude) but they listened to my complaint and allowed me to switch after an apologies for the employees behavior.
I ended up learning snowboarding with a Michelle. excellent instructor and was not impatient or rude and made up for my horrifying first experience. If you want to learn to ski or snowboard, I recommend Michelle D.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2013

We managed to get accommodations at the resort in early November mid week. The facility was very nice. The only issue we had was most of the shops and activities were closed Monday to Thursday so we couldn't check out much of the facility. We did go for a drive up the lake to an area called "Tunnel Of Trees". It was 20 some miles long and beautiful. We would definitely recommend this drive in the fall to see the fall colour change in the leaves.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed at Village of Discpile Ridge cabins. Everthing was perfect in terms of cleanliness, comfort, amenities. I just love the overall stay at Boyne mountain resort. We got the free lift ride to mountains cafe and the view was amazing from there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Although it was August, this ski resort had a lot of activities to choose from. It was clean, welcoming and the surrounding area was beautiful. If ever we find ourselves back in Michigan we will definitely stay here again. It is a nice day trip to Mackinaw City and Island.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Boyne Mountain Resort. Both times the hotel has been extremely accommodating. We ended up with a jacuzzi in our room and the baloney had a beautiful view of the slopes, trees, and pond. Upon arrival, we also had a basket of cheese, chocolate, fruit, and wine that was delicious! The accommodations were lovely. The only negative comment I had was the pattern on the carpet-- it really messes with you! If they were to upgrade the carpet to a style easier on the eyes they would have a perfect score! Great hotel overall and a lovely October getaway!

Room Tip: They have rooms on the third floor with a living room on the entry level and stairs that lead to one...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank pineapple2703
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I attended a weekend conference at the Boyne Mountain Resort recently. I was underwhelmed by the faux Swiss, snowy, mountain-theme hotel however, I found my hotel room consistently clean, comfortable and especially quiet.
Everything in my room worked - lights, sockets, hair dryer, iron, coffee maker, refrigerator and alarm radio/CD player. The room (fluorescent) lighting turned on when the room key is slotted near the door switch. At least once, the key was forgotten in the slot when we left the room....
The work-out facility was large and clean, plenty of new machines. The panoramic view of the highlands was a standout.
A heated indoor-outdoor pool was beautifully maintained. Small specialty shops are clustered on a narrow street built for walking. Do try the Killwin's ice-cream. It was exceptionally good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
#1 of 9 in Charlevoix
Boyne Highlands Resort
Boyne Highlands Resort
#2 of 3 in Harbor Springs

Been to Boyne Mountain Resort? Share your experiences!