“Charming place with charming host's”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Boyne Falls
Brown Trout & Falls Motels
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Boyne Falls
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We had the pleasure of staying a week at the Brown Trout in the three bedroom unit. It was clean and comfy. We were a party of four with a possibility of six, hence the three rooms. The bedrooms were of good size for a week stay and the bathroom is of average size for an older hotel, it was clean. The living area for four of us was comfortable, we brought a card table to set up in that area which gave us more seating and a eating area. They have several BBQ's on the grounds, which are beautiful. You can see Boyne Mountain from the backyard of the hotel.

We asked for total privacy for the week and it was honored. We just put our towels out in the AM and cleans would be left in a bag on our door. This is a family run business and they truly make you feel at home.

Our purpose was for leisure and of course Morel hunting and this hotel puts you right in the heart of all it, with a festival at the end.

The family run restaurants directly across the street have great food and awesome service, but have cash, that's all they take. The family that owns Brown Trout also own the The Falls Hotel which offers a community kitchen.

Room Tip: Call the hotels the prices better than online
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Paulysgirl

Reviewed 7 February 2011

This motel and another just 100 yards away (Boyne Falls Inn) are managed (and owned?) by a nice couple living close by. The rooms we occupied were at the Boyne Falls Inn. There was a large refrigerator in both rooms, with a community kitchen down the hall. The Brown Trout rooms each have their own micro, fridge and coffie maker, I believe. The rooms were not too large but well large enough. The carpet looked new, the beds were comfortable and the bedding was clean. The bath was on the small side but also very clean and plenty of towels were provided. The wi-fi was a plus.

Motel policies are well posted, clear and enforced (no smoking in the rooms or building, no problem for us). The location was ideal as it was only about 1/2 mile from Boyne Mountain Ski Resort and within walking distance of a decent bar and grill, a convenience store and the best breakfast ever at Betty's Cafe (7-3 everyday). I would almost drive another 6 hours for that bacon and those pancakes and the nice people at the motel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hrparsons
Reviewed 21 December 2009

Boyne mountain is less than 2 miles from this gem. The knotty pine rooms feel like up north should. I have a microwave, coffee and maker and a refridgerator. Everything I need to save $$ and pack my food daily to grill out on the slopes at one of the warming huts.

My favorite thing is check in is quick and I park right outside my room. Ez in and out. It's so close I can come and go to the mountain as I please.

Always clean and comfortable. The owners are really helpful and know the area well. There are things to do year round and they have recomeeded some great sights and area restarants.

There is an EZ mart gas station across the street and 3 restarants right there on the perimeter. Betty's across the street, open for breakfast and they make a great Farmers omlette real deal.

Reviewed 1 December 2008

We decided to stay at The Brown Trout/Boyne Falls because it is right next to the mountain. Did some skiing and had a great time. It was nice to come back to such a great place....
loved the main halls with tables to drink your morning cup of coffee, while taking in the views. Also, the community kitchen was awesome!!! It felt like a home away from home. Where else could you get the munchies at 2 a.m. and throw a pizza or some poppers in the oven. We will definitely be going back. If you plan to go to the area for some skiing, hunting or just to get away, I highly reccomend the Brown Trout\Boyne Falls. It doesn't get any better.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 March 2008

We stayed at the Brown Trout Motel at the end of February. It was a beautiful weekend and from our room we could see Boyne Mountain and the skiers coming down the mountain.
The owners, Laura and Gary, are very knowledgeable of the area and were very helpful when it came to restaurants and shopping.
We have stayed at the Brown Trout several times and have brought friends and family to stay there also. We will definitely stay again in the near future.

KK, Canton

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2007

Susan Bergamo, Farmington Hills MI 9/21/07
Stayed in a room on the back side of the motel and what a view!
You can see Boyne mountain, a big pond, which have ducks and even a few swans, and big beautiful trees. Sitting outside Saturday afternoon was so peaceful. You don't even need to drive anywhere once you get there. There is a great restaurant across the street to eat at and next door there is a cute little bar that has a down home attmosphere. I spent the weekend there and when I got back I felt like I had just been to Tennessee for the weekend, except without the long drive. I recommend this motel to anyone who wants to get away and relax or ski in the day and have fun at night.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed 26 September 2007

Everytime I come to Boyne Falls, I always stay at the Brown Trout Motel. The accomodations are great and I can bring my dog. The owners (Gary & Laura) treat me just like family and they are great with my dog. I highly recommend all families, friends and pets to stay at the Brown Trout.

Gloria - Garden City, MI

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Gloria-GardenCity
Bluegreen Vacations Mountain Run at Boyne, an  Ascend Resort
Mountain Run at Boyne
Mountain Run at Boyne
#2 of 4 in Boyne Falls

Been to Brown Trout & Falls Motels? Share your experiences!