“I personally enjoyed our stay with the exception of the...”

Baymont Inn & Suites Bridgeport/Frankenmuth
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bridgeport
Reviewed 12 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

This is a follow up review. I stayed at Baymont inn back in October and wrote a review about how they over charged me almost 400 dollars. The general manager mike malletts said the issue was taken care of but it was not. The front office staff is horrible. I gave them the paper I had on my room from hotels.com and they booked it under a room that I didn't know about. When I got home from the weekend my account was over drawn. I've even talked to corporate and they will do nothing. The only thing Mike did was offer two 25 percent off coupons. This was insulting to me, because why would I spend more money and risk them trading even more from me. No one will admit that the hotel made a mistake. Mike was not there that evening but called me a liar and told me that was not what happened. I would not advise staying at a baymont inn, especially this one. The rooms could use some updating but the pool was nice. But this issue ruined the trip.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, and the staff is friendly. The hotel is only a ten minute drive to Frankenmuth. They have a good size pool which my daughter loved.

They have a nicely stocked breakfast which includes biscuits and gravy, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, danishes, waffles, pancakes, hard boiled eggs and yogurt, etc.

They provided the usual soap, shampoo and conditioner in the room but if you forgot any other essentials the front desk has complimentary toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs, razors, shaving cream, deodorant and sewing kits available.

The only complaint I have is that only two towels were provided for a room meant for four people but the woman at the front desk was apologetic and gave us extra towels.

1  Thank dmm316
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I spent a night there after a day of shopping in Frankenmouth. We reserved a suite, the rooms were well appointed, clean and comfortable. Staff were courteous and accommodating. I will definitely return here when we are in the area.

Room Tip: The suites are exceptionally comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wpip
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My DH and I stayed for one night after some shopping in Saginaw. We chose this hotel because it was the cheapest one with an indoor pool and hottub. I read the reviews and new the hotel might be "iffy". Upon entering the hotel we could see that the lobby was less than spectacular, it was needing some freshening up, but the breakfast area looked big enough and the area was clean. The poor attendant Amy was a little flustered because she was dealing with the aftermath of a power outage from a severe thundestorm. She was very welcoming and helpful to us, and was able to get us a room very quickly. The elevator was a little shaky the first time we were in it (plus it stank of weed from the previous guest, at least they had been smoking outside the hotel), and I was getting a little nervous about our choice. Our room was right beside the elevator, #319 and upon opening the door you encounter the sink, but once inside the room was very nice. It was recently renovated and was nice and roomy. The only thing that still needed updating was the artwork (1980's for sure). The room had a fridge and microwave and as mentioned the sink was outside the bathroom, which can be helpful for getting ready quickly in the morning with two or more people. We went down to the pool and it was lovely. The temperature was just right, the hottub was a little hotter than I like, but I still enjoyed it. There were plenty of towels available (I don't understand why people can't put their used towels in the hamper provided?). We took the stairs back up to our rooms, and the carpeting is all new. We had a very comfortable sleep and even though we were next to the elevator and ice machine, we couldn't hear it with the white noise from the air conditioning. Breakfast was ok, mostly things you could toast (bagels, frozen waffles, english muffins), with some muffins and biscuits and gravy. There were cold cereals, yogurt and bananas as well. The attendant kept everything stocked and was very friendly.
This hotel is a great choice for the money, if you want better, then pay for it. They are definately trying to maintain the hotel, and I would return if I was in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Bridgeport/Frankenmuth? Share your experiences!