“Never been so disgusted in my life”

Knights Inn Bridgeport
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Bridgeport
Reviewed 14 September 2012

I work on the road for a living so my life is staying in a motels everyday for months on end..so I've stayed at over one hundred motels or more...this place was the worst, took 45 minutes to check in, they almost charged $1,000 for one week, cant run computers, don't speak English at all hardly, room was smelly. Burn holes everywhere, nasty pillows, ceiling missing by sink wires hanging down, after staying almost 6days i woke up one morning to 3COCKROACHES crawling in my bathroom. I've never been so disgusted in my life, i just packed my things and left and took a loss on all nights i paid for, i want everyone to know that because infestation like this is serious and could close the whole place down and it should....this place isn't worth a pot to pee in...take my word for it beware

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed 7 August 2012

The room was clean. There were cigarette burns on the bedspread and a toothpick stuck in it. There was no refrigerator, microwave or coffee pot as listed under room amenities. We asked the man about it and he acted like he didn't know what we were talking about. However he did bring us a dirty fridge and microwave! The bottom fitted sheet was so old it would not stay on the mattress. The lamp shade was rotton and falling apart. We will not be staying here again!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 May 2012

If you are scared by old-school motels - this one is fine - there is nothing to fear. The room was clean and recently renovated. I found the guy at the front desk to business-like and helpful. The location is a typical highway exit. If you are going to Frankenmuth and Birch Run - try and stay in one of those spots - even if it costs $10 to 15 more.

Room Tip: If in doubt - ask to see the room.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Quiet, clean, newly remodeled room. Comfortable bed and room had a refridgerator. Walking distance to restaurants and a T/A refueling station across the street. Easy to get to Frankenmuth which was our destination. Within 1/4 mile of I-75. Price was right. Didn't pay for stuff we didn't need or use. Small continental breakfast. Great place if your sightseeing and the mall is just down I-75.

Room Tip: Checkout the room before you pay.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rhjelly4
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Front desk man didn't understand English. No door on the bathroom. No smoking room smells like smoke. Cigarette burns on the carpet. Smoke detector ripped out of the wall. Broken heater that made noises so loud, I got no sleep. This place is a dump. Don't ever stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Dave S
Reviewed 28 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here on 11/19/2011 for one night, while doing a whirlwind tour of Prime outlets and Frankenmuth. The hotel was clean, well lit, and decent. The bed was comfortable, although if you are a fan of a fluffy pillow.....bring your own. The room was well kept, did not smell funny, and was totally acceptable. We booked through Priceline, and didn't pay over $50 for it and felt it was worth every penny. Both locations we were going to were not more than 15 minutes away....and the room was 1/3 the cost of others. Would we stay again..........yes.

Room Tip: if you like fluffy pillows, take your own....and not a bad idea to just supply your own breakfast...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hllindsay
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Ok, I'm not sure where or which room(s) the other reviewers stayed at but it definitely wasn't the ones that we had. We had reserved 2 rooms, both with 2 full size beds each. (4 adults, 3 kids) The first room we walked into and had smelled like stale smoke and another smell which I can't describe - perhaps a cadaver dog could help us out; one of the kids has allergies and immediately started sneezing and coughing, in the bathroom was a dirty washcloth hanging on the doorknob. The second room smelled slightly better but the furnace made a constant loud knocking sound, there was a hole in the drywall and gnats in the bathroom.

We went to the front desk to ask about possibly getting another set of rooms because we thought we would try to give it a second shot - yes, we are that forgiving. We were told therer weren't any available so we cancelled our rooms. The only question the guy at the front desk asked us was, "Did you use the beds?"

Perhaps this is a great hotel to make a drug deal or entertain a prostitute but it definitely not for me and my family. I've stayed in some rough places in the past but never at a motel where it was better to cancel and drive an hour to go somewhere else (after stopping to pick up some allergy medicine).

If you do not heed my advice on this one, I just ask that you make sure you have up-to-date health insurance and are current on your vaccinations. I would also recommend that the company change their name from "Knight's Inn" to "Knight-mare Inn".

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgeport
Baymont Inn & Suites Bridgeport/Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Birch Run-Frankenmuth, MI
Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth

Been to Knights Inn Bridgeport? Share your experiences!