“Perfect way to spend a summer day”

Warren Dunes State Park
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Bridgman
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Beautiful stretch of beach where you can interrupt your relax with a healthy hike up the dunes. Public restrooms and an area map for the $9 admission. Lines can be long to get in.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed one afternoon while we were traveling through Michigan and had some time before continuing to Chicago.

Park was very easy to find (marked even on I94) with ver convenient parking few steps from the beaches. We visited in late April, so there was almost no one around (maybe 5 cars total). We walked on the beautiful sand beaches, climbed the big dune and overall had a lot of fun just spending time in the nature and looking into the vast amount of water on the Lake Michigan. No factory was visible on either end of the shoreline, which is always a plus :-)

I assume in summer, the park must be crowded, but still a lot of fun. I hope to visit soon when the weather permits taking a swim in the lake (not possible late April without freezing to death :-)

1  Thank Josef S
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Take the kids. Early morning - the beach is all yours. We hiked up several dunes, and enjoyed the view. Go in late August and the park is basically secluded.

1  Thank Marcie S
Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Warren Dunes is a great place for a couples afternoon or a family day. Avoid the holidays. Too busy.

2  Thank KevinJTaylor
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I really love this little spot of heaven. My family is originally from Niles, about a half hour away. They moved to Minnesota and I grew up spending my summers here when my family would make the annual treck back to visit relatives. We would spend the bulk of our vacations camping at this state park and spending days at the beach. Years and years of happy memories of jumping the waves and being buried in the brown sugar sand. If you don't like the crowds than just hike a ways down the beach from the parking lots and you are in your own world. It is so much fun to run up Tower Hill and run, cartwheel, or roll your way back down. When I brought my own family of kids here this past summer they were the ones running and I was the one panting my way up with lots of breaks but I made it in my old age : ) and the view is so worth it. I almost hate to tell others about this little spot and keep the crowds down but it is so nice to share your love with others.

3  Thank Sweetredhead72