“Well below average for a Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites Brighton
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Brighton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Well below average for a Homewood Suites”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Dark, tired and worn interior decor throughout this building. Lots of dark cherry wood, blues & burgundy -- straight out of the early 1990's. The sagging cushions & stained seating in the front lobby is a dead giveaway for what lies beyond.

The suite itself was same configuration as any other Homewood I've stayed at but you don't have to look closely to see that the carpet, furnishings and bedding is worn & threadbare. Bed covering itself was thin, wrinkled & had a multitude of picks & runs.

Breakfast was not good - the eggs were hardly edible & my colleague remarked that her oatmeal was the worst she'd ever tasted. Incredibly poor lighting in the dining area as well.

The only redeeming items were;
- positive & pleasant attitude of the front desk & breakfast room staff
- suite itself was clean in spite of it's worn appearance

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Homewood48116, General Manager at Homewood Suites Brighton, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry that we could not provide a positive experience during your stay. I sincerely apologize if you found our décor to be dated and if your breakfast was sup-par. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. We will certainly use your comments to identify areas where we can improve our hospitality so that others do not share your experience.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I travel for business and choose Hilton whenever I can... I will even go out of my way to stay at a Hilton property, On this particular trip, I had to do just that (stay a bit out of my way) and I am so glad I did.

I chose the 1 bedroom King suite and was very comfortable. The room was well laid out with plenty of room and with charming decorations..not too overbearing.. not too dated. I'm not going to compare it to the Beverly Hills Hotel, and shouldn't because I wasn't paying to stay at the Beverly.

On that note, as I sat in the restaurant enjoying a cold beer at the Manager's reception, I looked around the place and was quite impressed with the hardwood trim and beautiful fireplace.

The food... well, it was decent. Stuffed peppers one night (actually tasty) and some chicken caesar pasta for night 2. (it was ok... wouldn't ask for the recipe though) but you know what.... it was free!

I had had a busy day traveling and at work.. and I just wanted to return to my hotel room and relax.. didn't want to drive anywhere .. didn't want to choose a restaurant.

I expect I will be visiting the area again (for work) and I will gladly return.

Oh.. the staff... I read some of the reviews and was puzzled by folks who said they got rude service.... not the case for me.. actually quite the contrary, the second I walked in the door, the young lady (From Veracruz Mexico) was unbelievable friendly, I even commented to her on how great her welcome was... it appeared very genuine and it was followed with a very nice smile. We even visited for a bit; I felt like i made a new friend. When I was heading off to work on day two, she was right there saying good morning.

Thanks Homewood suite for being wonderful hosts.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Easy on, easy off the freeway but no freeway noise. Lots of extras included at no charge-breakfast, managers reception, laundry. Clean, quiet and easy to walk to surrounding stores and downtown Brighton.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Sintita
Fort Smith, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The hotel was very nice. Since it was a suite we had more room than a standard hotel and the fact that the rooms were far apart meant it was very quiet. The only noise we heard was when we were on the second floor and there were people walking about in the unit above us but it was not intrusive. The price was also very reasonable for a suite.

La Jolla, United States
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Overall the hotel was nice. Suite was clean and the bed was comfortable. The big negative is the complimentary breakfast. I would be embarrassed to serve the garbage that was served during our stay. The eggs were powdered, the hash browns were like cardboard and hard to cut even with a knife (same both days of our stay). Recommend going out for breakfast to get real food.

Brimley, Michigan
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The hotel was very nice, clean, and quiet. The rooms are spacious. The pool was nice to use. The staff was very nice and helpful. They helped me with getting breakfast for 3 hungry children in the morning. We got upgraded from a king bed and pullout to 2 queens. I love that it's a suite with a sleeping area and a living area, great when you have kids.

Muskegon, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We pick this location because its close to Ann Arbor and allows us to enjoy a relaxing football weekend for Michigan Football games. Staff is very friendly with clean and quiet suites. We arrived early afternoon on Friday and our room was ready. We visited the outlet mall and enjoyed an evening out at one of the quaint restaurants in the downtown area. We look forward to a return trip.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Holiday Inn Express Brighton
Courtyard Detroit Brighton
Hampton Inn Brighton
Hampton Inn Brighton
#4 of 5 in Brighton
Baymont Inn & Suites Howell/brighton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell
Staybridge Suites - Novi

Been to Homewood Suites Brighton? Share your experiences!