“great place to have a meeting” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites Brighton

Homewood Suites Brighton
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brighton
Crown Point, Indiana
“great place to have a meeting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

Sometimes these locations are great if you have a small group for a meeting. They have just the right size rooms for our group of about 12 people.
We were able to enjoy the breakfast. For the guests from out of town, they had a nice reception in the evening.
Would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: I had a first floor, so I just walked out of my room and everything was right there
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Los Gatos, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very convenient to business and entertainment venues. Quality of service was tops, enjoyed the evenings on the patio. Not sure why this inept TripAdvisor foolishness requiring me to write a short story on the establishment but the truth is I liked the Homewood Suites stay and find TripAdvisors a pain.. Lets see if there are enough words for them...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I are Hilton Hhonors Diamond, which means we have stayed in MANY Hilton properties. We have stayed in many that are older and yet well-maintained and spotless. This one needs a serious makeover. The carpet was worn and dirty and overall the room was just beat up. It's a lack of good management/maintenance. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pattyjo98
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The room needed lights replaced, would have been nice to have regular coffee for the coffee maker, the breakfast was luke warm and tasteless and the coffee looked like tea. We were traveling with a group of people and so we had our doors propped open, and a staff member just walked in, never knocking or saying anything prior to entering the room.

1 Thank 354beverlyw
Sydenham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Wendy Hebert helped me accommodate my family & friends travelling from Canada. She was able to give us extremely fair rates and was very helpful in recommending transportation for my family. All 23 guests were impressed with the value for their money. I have stayed in all hotels in Brighton. This gets my vote for the number 1 hotel in Brighton.

Pinckney, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We often stay at Homewood Suites when we travel. We like the suite type accomodations and the reasonable price. This time, we stayed at our local Homewood Suites due to a power outage. It turned a not so pleasant situation into a mini "Staycation".

Brighton,Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We have used this hotel in the past,in the two bedroom suite, so that our daughter could celebrate her winter birthday with swimming and a sleepover. We loved the staff and hotel so much that we recommended this place to everyone we knew. When we began planning our daughters middle school graduation party, it was her that begged and pleaded to have it here again. We reserved the two bedroom suite again with no hesitation. We stayed fathers day weekend and the hotel was packed with families and a wedding party. The woman who checked us in was very polite,at first. On our way up to our room we encountered two girls,who were a bit older than our daughter, standing outside a room and yelling at each other loudly. We settled into our room and waited till it was time to head back to the lobby to wait for my daughters friends. On our way down our hallway, we were almost ran over by two boys,again older than my daughter, who were chasing a girl down the hall. We get to the elevator and find a different group of kids,who appeared to be around my daughters age,putting the chairs from their room into the elevator and screwing around. The lobby was busy when we finally made it there and my daughter and her friends were quite talkative on the way back up to the room, but they weren't loud by any
means. We ate dinner in the room, then headed down to the pool as one group. The kids swam and had a great time down there till almost 7pm. Then we all headed back up to the room to watch a movie till it was time for one of the kids to get picked up. We made two trips to the vending machine during this time, kids laughing as kids enjoying themselves often do. I forgot the room key on our second trip so i had to knock a few times to get the other adult in our group to let us in. The kids talked and laughed by our door as we waited. At 8:30 some of us headed down to the lobby to meet up with one of the kids parents while the rest of the group stayed back in the room with another adult. Two of the kids rounded a corner of the hallway just ahead of me and i heard someone ahead lecturing them about "out of control behavior" and complaints that had been made. I get to where they are and find the desk lady who checked us in. She then tells me that they have had numerous complaints about kids running up and down the stairs and hallways yelling. I assure her that my group of kids have been in the pool and room during this block of time and that one of the adults was with them while not in
the room. Yes they were excited, but they were not running up and down halls yelling.She was very rude and said again that there were numerous complaints about MY group. I told the kids they could no longer laugh or talk while we walked down the hallways because apparently that is out of control behavior for this hotel. Never mind the fighting girls, hallway chase, or elevator games that we witnessed by other teens earlier in the day. My group was the immediate culprit. The kids were upset that they were being blamed for someone else's behavior. They got more upset when we went back down to use the pool again and saw ADULT men screwing around in the hallway and unsupervised young children running around the pool area and climbing the towel shelve. With the hotel being as packed as it was, there was alot of "out of control" behavior going on and my group got the blame because it was a group of seven teen girls.At breakfast the next morning, we heard a group talking about the wild kids from room --- and how horrible those kids made their stay. Outraged at this point because these kids were being blamed for everything, i asked the group how they knew that it was that room full of kids that had caused so much commotion. The woman told me that when they called the front desk to complain, the woman working the desk told her that there was a party in room --- and that they must be the ones who were running wild through the hallways. Just like that. This group are good kids. They are honor roll students. Half of them were in their schools leadership and mentor program. They felt that the desk lady judged them unfairly just because they were teenagers.She never witnessed this out of control
behavior by my group, but assumed it was them. I will not book another room here again and have told friends who were planning to use them about our
most recent stay. They too have decided to look elsewhere. It would be a great hotel for someone traveling for business, but not a group with many children or teenagers in it. The soundproofing is basically non-existent and its hard to expect children/teens to be silent at all times as not to disturb other guest.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank angel_kissed_2003
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brighton
Holiday Inn Express Brighton
Courtyard Detroit Brighton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Howell
Baymont Inn & Suites Howell/brighton
BEST WESTERN of Whitmore Lake
BEST WESTERN of Whitmore Lake
#1 of 1 in Whitmore Lake
The Baronette Renaissance Detroit-Novi Hotel

Been to Homewood Suites Brighton? Share your experiences!