“I was Very Impressed”

Holiday Inn Express Brighton
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I wanted to have my sons 6th birthday at a hotel with a pool. I went to all the hotels in that area and researched them. I picked The Holiday Inn Express because the ground floor rooms were located pretty much right into the pool area. I had to pay ten dollars extra because the room I wanted was a jacuzzi suite. No big deal, I knew my son would be wanted to go to the pool and in and out constantly. The only thing I thought was not to my expectations was the Jacuzzi wasn't really all that big at all. I would've considered it to be a big bath tub with some pressure jets located in a bedroom. Although, I thought the jacuzzi was a joke I was actually WAY impressed with everything else more than I thought it would turn out, they were SUPER kid friendly. I mean there were at least 20 little kids in the pool and all over the area. My son made new friends and played with his cousins. I would go there again in a heart beat. super clean and polite staff that didn't appear to be impatient with my family that had 4 kids there and 5 adults. they told me that I was only allowed to have 6 people there at all times when I payed for the room in advance. Then when we actually stayed a different person was on shift and she said only 6 of my guests could use the pool while we were there. Soooo that was a relief cause I had more people than that but they all weren't swimming. We even had the presents, cake and ice cream in the breakfast area cause there was more space. It was located by the front lobby and they didn't even look annoyed or irritated when my kids were playing on the floor with the new toys or being loud. I often find myself cringing and apologizing alot because my son is very loud, he cant help it he has asperger's and just blurts stuff out. My son was very entertained and the pool was NOT cold at all it was just right! The thermometer said the room was 70 degrees and it appeared to be that. The only thing I didn't care for was the price. My price for the jacuzzi suite was 169 dollars or something close to that. I remember going there in the past years and the price only being 100 dollars.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here two nights...room was sparkling clean, comfortable temperature, and the bed was heaven. Very friendly staff. Excellent breakfast w/great coffee. Peaceful and relaxing. Right off the highway, a little hard to find at night...but WELL WELL WORTH IT.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 2 January 2013

My husband got our daughter a room for the evening so that she and her daughter could swim and spend a night away. We went for a couple of hours to watch the granddaughter swim. The pool area was so cold. The thermometer on the wall said 60 degrees. A gentleman who had children swimming in the pool commented on how cold it was. Consequently the pool water was a little on the cool side too. Would have been nice if they could have kept it a little warmer so it would have been more enjoyable. They also stuck my daughter as far away from the pool as they could. Would have been nice to be closer to the pool area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear morewine81,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the pool area. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 27 December 2012

This was are second stay at this location. Both times we had to dust the room. T.V., Headboard, fixtures, and picture frames were full of dust. The room had a worn look compared to other HIX properties.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2013

Dear StaceySalad,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please accept my sincere apology for the overall dissatisfaction you experienced during your stay and I regret the overall cleanliness of our rooms fell below your expectations. Rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvement to these identified weakness.

Many thanks for the feedback and I hope to be able to welcome you back here in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 October 2012

I used to be very loyal to the Holiday Inn Express brand. Lately, however, they have raised prices at many of their hotels without improving quality. This hotel seems to fall into that category. The rooms were ok, nothing special. The food was exactly what you get at every other Holiday Inn Express. We stayed at the hotel because there aren't many options in this area, but in other locations this hotel wouldn't compete well. Overall, the stay was fine, it just wasn't really a great value.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2012

I stayed for business on a Wednesday night. Things started off great as I was upgraded from a Junior Suite to a Full King Suite (not sure if this was because I'm a member of the Priority Club, or because they were having the roof redone, and wanted people out of the part of the hotel being worked on, but it was a very nice gesture either way).
I ended up in the "Triangle" around the pool, but didn't notice any noise, or chlorine smell in the room, which I had been nervous of. Just really sorry I didn't bring trunks, as the hot-tub looked very inviting after 5 hours of driving.
The King suite featured a sitting room (pull-out sofa, I assume) with a flat screen TV, a small kitchenette, large Bathroom, and a very large bedroom with King bed, another flat screen, and a very nice desk/work area. Everything was very clean and in good working order.
Breakfast was above average for this type of hotel, and the breakfast area was clean and inviting.
Overall it was a very good value (<$100), and is located within walking distance of several restaurants, and only a short drive to downtown Brighton, which would have been a great place to go if I'd had the time and company.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Our first time at a Holiday Inn Express and it was a very pleasant experience. Very much liked the hotel, clean, had all the amenities, good breakfast, nicely appointed, etc. Will definitely stay at over Holiday Inn Express hotels in future travels. The hotel has restaurants within walking distance and it's in a very nice area. We chose to go about a mile farther to a restaurant called the Stillwater Grill which turned out to be a great find and I will rate that separately. All in all, everything worked out perfectly.

Room Tip: Great location, convenient to everything.