Holiday Inn Express Brighton
US$104
US$110
US$107
Courtyard Detroit Brighton(Brighton)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$75
US$73
US$101
US$106
All reviewstarget storeupgraded to a suitearound midnightthe breakfast areafront desk staffmichigan football gameindoor poolneeded a place to staycheck in was a breezepull out couchroom was cleanshopping and restaurantsshower headhot tubann arborbedsihop
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

I stay here occasionally because I have clients in town. I usually try to stay in Farmington but with my busy schedule it was going to make it so much easier to stay here. Last time I thought it was pretty bad and nothing has improved. Rooms are musty and the air filters likely haven't been changed in months. The carpet is dated and dingy. The bathroom is gross and the toilet seat was broken. I really try not to look at the place while I'm there or I will be super grossed out by the dingy and dirty place. It's not the worst but I stay at several Holiday Inns in the Midwest and its bad enough I know I dread staying here. The beds and pillows were comfortable. Short of that it is filthy to my standards.

• Stayed: June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear Chdcarro,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the air conditioning, cleanliness and the bathroom condition. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 May 2013

The hotel is getting a little long in the tooth, but that does not bother me. What bothered me was the fact that simple maintenance items were not managed. See the attached picture, we were in a double queen SUITE, the layout was great, couch a little worn, but the beds were comfortable and the pillow selection was good. If normal maintenance was kept up the dated hotel would be a better choice. Breakfast was free and a good selection. Overall I would stay here again, I just wished that the management would review the property and deal with the minor issues - that makes the difference in OK hotels and great hotels. If the bathroom was in better condition I would have given 4 stars, but they do need a remodel pretty soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stewyvette
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brighton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear stewystang,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. It is good to know that you like our comfortable beds and hotel location. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and apologize for any inconvenience you may have had due to the condition of the property and rooms encountered during your stay. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our Maintenance staff and take actions accordingly.

Again, we greatly appreciate your honest feedback. Your input will be shared with our management team to take into consideration for future upgrades. We hope that the next time you come through, you give us another chance to provide you with a better experience.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 May 2013

Face it, the purpose of a motel is to sleep. With a bad back, I need a firm bed and that is hard to find. We have stayed at numerous motels, chains and independent, and rarely find a bed as comfortable as we had here! We have a memory foam mattress at home, and found this one( a traditional inner spring) gave us wonderful support similar to ours at home.Now, that's not to say it was Hard, just supportive. Also, the pillows have cases marked "soft" and "firm" - and yes, I checked, the actual pillows within are different. Marvelous! Slept as good as I do at home. The heating unit was quiet and the room was dark - good quality curtains. Although right off the freeway, there was no road noise at all. The bathroom lighting is the new energy saver kind, so when I first turned on the lights I was fearful that it would be too dark. However, it just takes some time for them to get to full power how that saves energy I don't get it, but the lighting was sufficient to put on my makeup. The shower head was a large 'rain' type(?). It was either very soft or very 'hard' not much in between, but I was satisfied with it. The room came with a frig, but no Microwave. OK, let's move on! The breakfast was very good, although I would have liked a fresh fruit bowl. Fresh bananas and oranges were available . Only Regular and Decaf coffee. Cold cereals, a Pancake machine(!) and hot cheese omelettes. Kept well stocked; when I told the server the coffee carafe was empty she immediately refilled it. And let me finish with the fact that the room and facility were extremely clean! Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: This hotel has an indoor pool with rooms that overlook it. You must go through sliding doors to get to this area, and once you do, you are hit w/ a chlorine smell and noise(the night we were there someone was having a kids birthday party). So if you want Quiet, request NOT to have a room in this area. However,if you want to be poolside, then this is what you want!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2013

We were in town for a softball tournament. Aside from the pool being a bit small, everything else about this hotel was great. Will definately remember for a future stay! We forgot a toothbrush, they had one. Bedding was super comfortable and the breakfast was great! Good job!

Room Tip: Some of the 100 level rooms sorround the pool. It can be a bit noisy. Book on 2nd floor if that bothers you.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I wanted to have my sons 6th birthday at a hotel with a pool. I went to all the hotels in that area and researched them. I picked The Holiday Inn Express because the ground floor rooms were located pretty much right into the pool area. I had to pay ten dollars extra because the room I wanted was a jacuzzi suite. No big deal, I knew my son would be wanted to go to the pool and in and out constantly. The only thing I thought was not to my expectations was the Jacuzzi wasn't really all that big at all. I would've considered it to be a big bath tub with some pressure jets located in a bedroom. Although, I thought the jacuzzi was a joke I was actually WAY impressed with everything else more than I thought it would turn out, they were SUPER kid friendly. I mean there were at least 20 little kids in the pool and all over the area. My son made new friends and played with his cousins. I would go there again in a heart beat. super clean and polite staff that didn't appear to be impatient with my family that had 4 kids there and 5 adults. they told me that I was only allowed to have 6 people there at all times when I payed for the room in advance. Then when we actually stayed a different person was on shift and she said only 6 of my guests could use the pool while we were there. Soooo that was a relief cause I had more people than that but they all weren't swimming. We even had the presents, cake and ice cream in the breakfast area cause there was more space. It was located by the front lobby and they didn't even look annoyed or irritated when my kids were playing on the floor with the new toys or being loud. I often find myself cringing and apologizing alot because my son is very loud, he cant help it he has asperger's and just blurts stuff out. My son was very entertained and the pool was NOT cold at all it was just right! The thermometer said the room was 70 degrees and it appeared to be that. The only thing I didn't care for was the price. My price for the jacuzzi suite was 169 dollars or something close to that. I remember going there in the past years and the price only being 100 dollars.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family