“A Real Northern Rustic Setting”
Review of Big Bear Lodge LLC

Big Bear Lodge LLC
Price range: US$9 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Although the prices are a bit high for this area, the quality of the food is
outstanding & always cooked to perfection. Rebecca was our server and made us welcome with her smile and friendly attitude. Also, if you want to enjoy a real Northern rustic setting, there is no Lodge/Restaurant around the Down River area that will compare to The Big Bear Lodge.

1  Thank Ron F

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I call this a SNOW JOB special> This restaurant had a Super Bowl special (Feb 2,2014) if you used a coupon from their Email.
It sounded good so I checked the online menu. $16.49 for Prime Rib. Sounded reasonable to buy one get one free. This made up our mind.. We went, the place which was overwhelmed, finally sat down, ordered without looking at their menu, ate dinner and paid. We were charged $23.49 for the Ribeye. I called it to the attention of the server and she said they updated their menu yesterday. It was not the proper time to try to straighten this out there so I contacted them today and the owner said it was their Graphic Marketing peoples fault. She will not give any refund and she said she will exercise her right to remove my name from their email list.
I checked their website when returning home and it was then $18.49. They can look for a replacement for me as a customer now.
So much for patronizing this local business.

3  Thank donaldnyq
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This was our second visit to Big Bear Lodge and both times we have been very pleased with the quality of the food and the service. Rebecca was our server, she was knowledgable, honest and friendly. She is on our "list", when we go back we will ask for her. The quality of the filet mignon was excellent and was a great price for the quality and size of the filet. It was cooked perfect both times we have eaten here and would recommend it highly! Wonderful atmosphere, great service and great food.

1  Thank NCB04
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our party of 32 were greeted by the staff who offered us their condolences in the loss of our Mother. Our servers Jesse, Christina and Trish were professional, courteous, and served all of our beverages at the same time. Our orders were taken and each of us received our food at the same time as well. Our sandwiches were hot, very good and the potatoes were crispy and tasty. Our entire group were pleased with the experience and on behalf of my family Thank You Big Bear Lodge for making this experience a nice end to a very difficult day.
Debbie R.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Food very good but I found it to be a bit pricey. Was a busy night when we went so a long waiting time and service was slow.

1  Thank Kathy K