“GREAT place for the money!!! VERY close to the highway...”

Burton Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Burton
Reviewed 21 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Robert V
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It was the last weekend in July. Customer in Cambridge, ON for monday; didn't want to layover in Canada due to the high prices. Attempted to get a room in Port Huron but nothing was available. Rooms available in Lapeer but way overpriced. Super 8 in Burton had a few rooms left. Two hotels I contacted in Flint also had inflated prices. Price was right for the Super 8. I was assigned a 'suite'(?). The 'suite' is a borderline 'king' with a fridge and microwave oven.

OK. Swivel office chair was missing a wheel - I placed a phone book under it and continued to use the chair as it raised to the correct height for me - a rarity. Room was clean with one other minor maintenance issue.

Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Good location. Bullet proof glass surrounding front desk. Vending machine chained down nearby. WiFi worked well from my location, nearly directly over the breakfast room.

On my last full day I counted out a large amount of change and left it on the bed (around $22); I was considering doing my laundry but changed my mind when I realized there was no laundromat on the premises. I left the change on the bed and drove a short distance away for lunch. When I came back I placed the change back into the 'change bag' I carry with me on my trips as I tend amass much change which I use for laundry or roll once I arrive back home.

When I arrived home the following week, I counted out my change and realized a minor amount was missing. I didn't phone the motel and report the discrepancy due to the amount ($5). Did I mis-count? Thinking not. Will I stay there again? Maybe. Like I stated earlier, I was fortunate to find a reasonably priced room for this particular weekend.

Room Tip: Don't leave money out in the open when you leave the room, even if you have the 'Do Not Dist...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joby1956
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The lobby stinks like a dirty tampon!

The room we stayed in had traces of mold, felt like someone had cooked grease in it for 90 straight days and other than a comfy bed - was not worth it.

Stay away and spend the extra cash a few miles elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Sharice M, General Manager at Burton Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Reviewed 13 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Josh71380

Also consider these accommodations in or near Burton
BEST WESTERN Flint Airport Inn & Suites
Best Western Davison Inn
Wingate By Wyndham Flint / Grand Blanc
Baymont Inn & Suites Flint
Red Roof Inn Flint - Bishop Airport
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
Comfort Inn Grand Blanc
#1 of 4 in Grand Blanc

Been to Burton Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!