Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids SW/Byron Center
US$87
QualityInn
US$186
US$170
Comfort Suites South(Grand Rapids)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$71
Comfort Suites(Grandville)
US$124
ComfortSuites
All reviewsfront deskoutlet mallrestaurant attachedgrand rapidsroom was cleanbreakfast areahard boiled eggswafflesthe staff was friendly and helpfulbiscuits and gravygreat place to stayone night staynice stayvery nice hoteleasy accessparking lotfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We started our vacation this summer by staying one night at this hotel......we ate at the 84th Street Grille attached to the hotel. We had a nice night, pool to ourselves, and yummy continental breakfast in the morning.

Room Tip: West facing away from the highway.....upper floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2012 via mobile

Booked on Hotwire. Newer property with elevator and luggage carts which we needed because we had a lot of stuff. How nice not to have to struggle. It was very hot when we stayed but the room was nice and cool. We are on a cross country road trip and this is the nicest place so far. Cheapest price to boot. Adjacent bar is a good place to have a drink. Nothing super special but pretty decent.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I got this room from Hotwire.com for about $50. I've always had good luck with Baymonts, they tend to be modern, clean, and comfortable, with a couple perks but nothing too special. That's this place. It is a very clean hotel, very comfortable, and the service was good. Check in was fast and simple, Victor knew what he was doing and even gave me a choice of what floor I wanted. I asked for parking lot side, for less noise. He informed me all parking lot side rooms are non-king beds. I caved and opted for a king bed despite being on the freeway side. The noise wasn't an issue if the fan unit was running. With it off, highway noise was noticeable, as if the window isn't sealed too good...then I noticed it wasn't latched. I latched it and it was average road noise, not bad. I like the noise of a fan so it didn't bother me in the slightest to have it on.

The room was clean and fairly modern. I didn't feel like i was stepping back into 1990. The TV was a nice 32" LG LCD. The bed was clean and large (king) although the mattress wasn't top notch, the blankets and covers and pillows were sooooo nice. The sink is outside of the bathroom which personally I prefer, so I can use a non-fogged mirror. The counter and mirror are large and well-lit. There's a comfy lounge chair as well as a desk w/ office chair, a lamp, and plenty of plugs and an Internet data port all located at the desk area. I rarely use the desk when traveling, but I did this trip and it suited my needs perfectly. The wireless internet is password-free and had modest signal and good speed on the 3rd floor. I could even watch YouTube videos with only the occasional buffer.

The location of this property is nice, it's literally RIGHT beside the southbound off-ramp (exit 74) of 131. As you're getting on the off ramp you can see the Baymont to your immediate right. Make a simple right turn, go about 1/8 mile to the Pfieffer Farms drive, make another right and simply open your eyes and peer to your right. The 84th Street Pub & Grille is located right beside it (actually they're attached). I had zero trouble finding the place, in fact it was smack dab in your face when you exit 131. I didn't eat at the 84th St Pub since my visit was on a Sunday and they're closed Sundays. I'm instinctively cautious about restaurants inside or attached to hotels- they seem to be in business more for convenience than great food. I can't say if that's the case here or not. It looks like quite a nice place on the outside for what it's worth.

What this room lacked that I would have liked to have seen was a mini fridge. And a microwave would've been nice too, but at least a fridge. I've stayed at a Baymont about 10 miles away that I got on Hotwire as well last summer and it was very similar to this place, except it had a fridge. Of course it was $10/night more. I'll keep the $10 and skip the fridge I guess, but that's really the only complaint I have.

The free complimentary breakfast is the traditional breads galore, so if you have a gluten allergy...sorry about your luck. They say it's "hot". What that means is there's a waffle maker and a toaster. There are no eggs, no breakfast meats, no biscuits & gravy. To me, and I think to most of America, that's what a "hot" breakfast entails. I take that back, there's a large bowl of hard boiled (and peeled) eggs. Oh well, pretty standard fare I guess.

The lobby is nice and welcoming, with several chairs arranged around a nice fireplace.

If I have another trip to the area (which I do in a couple weeks) I wouldn't hesitate to try to book this same place IF I could get the same $50 deal through Hotwire. This place has a 90%+ recommended rating on Hotwire and I'm one of 'em.

Room Tip: If you want a king bed, I was told they're all on the road side. If you want quieter parking-lot side, those are non-king beds.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Huskee
Reviewed 17 February 2012

This is a recently refreshed hotel catering to the business traveler. It's clean, well lit, fairly comfortable, and conveniently located if your business takes you to the southern part of Grand Rapids. In the plus column is a better than expected attached restaurant, a better than average free breakfast, and some flexibility on rates. On the minus side, free wireless Internet is almost unusable (sadly not uncommon) and some folks in our party reported older and less comfortable mattresses. This is the hotel we always choose.

Room Tip: Definitely quieter on the non-highway side.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank JoshHM
Reviewed 25 January 2012

The three star rating is very broadly applied to a number of hotel brands. The Baymont Inn in Grand Rapids is probably at the low end of that range, but nevertheless, a true 3 star. Friendly front desk, but I requested a quite room and was given one on the freeway side, which is a little noisy. It has large clean rooms, comfortable beds, adequate pillows, flat screen TV with normal range of channels, and in-room coffee service. The sink is outside the bathroom, which, along with the street noise, is the least attractive part. On the plus side, there is free wireless internet, and a continental breakfast (juice, coffee, cereal, waffles, and doughnuts) included in the rate; the menu for room service, from the next door restaurant, had reasonable rates.

The hotel is about 10 miles from GRR. There is a closer Baymont Inn to GRR which I accidently went to first, so make sure you have the right one. In the end, perfectly acceptable rooms for a one-night stay in Michigan.

Room Tip: ask for quiet side
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business