“Real food before the long haul home!”
Review of Timbers Restaurant

Timbers Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Cadillac
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stopped here after a 5 day long golf vacation - we were tired, hungry, and sick of hot dogs and trail mix!! Although nobody got any cocktails or beer, they did have a pretty good selection of Michigan beers on tap!

I decided to roll with the porterhouse, medium, and everybody else got a mix of sandwiches, pastas, etc. Everybody seemed to love their food, and even though my steak was more medium-well, it was really good!

Everything was served like a Gordon Ramsay restaurant too - everybody got served at the same exact time with multiple servers bringing the food out! Would definitely go back!

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We found this restaurant by "the crowd" and it was worth the stop. Generous portions and we both enjoyed our meals. My husband had pork and I had white fish. The fish was a bit rich because of the butter it was cooked in. The waitress did a good job too. The prices were slightly higher than you'd expect at a chain but the portions made up for this difference.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

They are going for the rural hunting lodge look complete with deer heads, stuffed bears and fir beams. It reminded me of a restaurant I once visited in North Dakota in 1970. It's a convivial atmosphere, a bit tongue in cheek but it somehow works. It's clearly very popular. Asking for a gin and tonic was probably an error. I don't know what I got but it sure wasn't tonic. The calamari and the mushrooms starter was a big hit with our table. I tried a very nice piece of walleye and my wife went with a Caesar salad. Everybody was pleased with the food, the décor and the service. All in all, it was a pleasant evening, certainly different to the norm but a nice experience of Northern Michigan. We would probably go back. It was well worth a visit.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

After reviewing on TA, we made our way to the Timbers. Reviews are correct ... best mushrooms and a lot!!! WOW. I ended up getting full on those, so when that GIGANTIC portion of fish and chips came, ate a few bites and packed it up. No worries, lunch tomorrow. :) Hubby got liver and onions and it was also very good. Listen to the reviews - if you normally share a meal - do it especially here as the portions are really BIG. We didn't because of the liver and onions, but it was so good, I would have definitely shared that. We will be back. Love the decor as well.

1  Thank girliewhirlie
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We ate at the Timbers restaurant twice in one week while staying nearby on Lake Mitchell. Both times we were very pleased. The Reuben sandwich was outstanding and my sister had the blackened pork with a cherry sauce on the side. The pork was outstanding. The second time I had coconut shrimp which was tasty and had a sour cherry sauce for dipping that was a great compliment to the sweet coconut. Hats off to their chef! Salads were fresh with great house dressings. Service was excellent.