“They really need to clean the pool and provide guests with towels. They speak poor English (the owners).”
Review of Cadillac Inn

Cadillac Inn
Cadillac Inn
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I think they could be ALOT more generous with the breakfast. They have a waffle make but put out very little donuts , milk ect.. If they wish to be cheap on the food they should lower the price to the customer and NOT claim to serve breakfast. The econo logde is owned by the same person and even more dissapointing. There are better hotels in the immediate area - id look into the Days Inn if I were bringing someone I cared about to this area.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 14 October 2010

We came to Cadillac on a week-end and found at the Super-8 the last available room. The motel has had its best days and is poorly maintained. Carpets are worn out, the indoor pool looks shabby, ceiling has large marks of leaking water and the paint of the walls is peeling off. The hotel is managed by a friendly immigrant family from the Indian Subcontinent. They run the hotel as a cash cow. No sign of any recent repair or renovation. The complimentary breakfast was adequate. Our room was on top of the engine room for the indoor pool. During the evening the engines made an incessant, loud rumbling sound. We requested to shut down the engine, what they did when the pool closed at 22:00hrs.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We stayed at the Super 8 for 5 nights because the price was right for such a long stay. The owners of this particular motel were rude and very unwelcoming. They rolled their eyes when we asked for pool towels (our kids swam daily). Great price, great location but I would not stay again simply because of the poor customer service. I say new owners and attendants are in order for sure.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I was vacationing by myself in July 2010, and my travels took me to Cadillac for a night. I stayed at the Super 8 Motel because it was in my price range and the other reviews I'd read on TripAdvisor seemed okay.

When I first arrived at the motel, it was at about 3:45 on a Tuesday afternoon. There were almost no cars in the parking lot, and the place was very quiet. (It was actually kinda creepy at first.) No one was at the desk, but eventually the woman working there saw me from way down at the end of the hall and walked toward the desk to check me in. Her computer was down, so she did not have the paperwork right away for me to sign, and she couldn't give me a receipt yet. I asked for a list of local restaurants where I could have dinner, and unfortunately she didn't have a list. She told me about a place across the street, but I eventually stopped by the Cadillac Chamber of Commerce and got some good information there.

When I first walked into my room, it had kind of a weird smell. It wasn't bad enough to prevent me from staying there, but it was just kind of annoying. I definitely knew, though, that I didn't want to spend too much time in the room. I was also hoping to use the pool and/or hot tub, but that area didn't look very pleasant or inviting so I decided to pass on that.

I will say, however, that the Super 8 is in a good location on the west side of Cadillac. It was in my price range, but I really didn't think it was worth the 70 dollars I paid for the night. The motel did offer breakfast in the lobby (I did see make-your-own waffles, which is a good thing), but I just wanted to leave as soon as I could.

The good thing about this motel is that I did get a good night's sleep. :-)

The next time I stay overnight in Cadillac, I will probably spend more money and stay somewhere a bit nicer.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2008

I stayed 3 nights at the Super 8 Cadillac. The room was clean and the staff was exceptionally nice. We saved a decent amount of money staying here versus the other choices in town, so we were more than happy to stay here and I would return. The pool was one of the cleanest that I have ever been in and the hot tub, while a bit small, was nice and hot and really felt good after a long drive. The only caveat that I would give about this hotel is that it is an older motel and some of the minor things (lampshades etc) could use updating or replacement. Someone who is very picky might find fault with some of the older features and cosmetics of the hotel, but for me, everything that counted was great.
I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank condor1087
Reviewed 9 October 2007

I booked reservation for my husband at the Super 8 in Cadillac because we are relocating there. The guy that made my reservation completely lacked general hotel front desk knowledge...and I know this because I manage a hotel in Northern Michigan. I would have fired any of my agents that talked like that guy did. Overall just rude and disrespectful. At one point I even had to say...do you want to take my reservation or not??? So we got there and were not impressed. The lobby is small and very dirty. When I told the front desk agent that the lobby light needed some serious attention due to the extensive amount of spider webs and spiders on it...he just ignored me. The hot tub water was greenish in color and even some local kids that had came to swim wouldn't touch it. My husband stayed only that first night and moved to the Ecno Lodge for the rest of his stay. He said that the room just didn't feel safe and that there were more spiders than he could count. Gross. Ecno Lodge was pretty basic but clean and spider free.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank frequentstayer101
Reviewed 21 August 2007

EW, this place was gross, and when we went to the desk for more towels, because the ones we had were gross and one of them had ablood stain on it, we had to wait like 15 minutes just for a person to come to the desk. Very bad visit, i would never go here again.
If i go back to Cadillac, i would definitly stay at the econo lodge.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cadillac
Hampton Inn Cadillac
#7 of 14 in Cadillac
Evergreen Resort
Evergreen Resort
#1 of 14 in Cadillac

Been to Cadillac Inn? Share your experiences!