Hermann's Hotel
Econo Lodge(Cadillac)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$70
EconoLodge
Hampton Inn Cadillac(Cadillac)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$56
US$53
US$103
US$94
All reviewsbig boxrooms are cleantwo nightshermanuspillows
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We enjoyed the location, within walking distance to the lake and restaurants. The room was large, but the bed was uncomfortable with a large sink hole in the center. We were there two nights. The price was right at $80 per night. It could be well improved with an update in bed and furnishings. We were in room one.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I booked two rooms for four people in our party. I called twice before arrival (one week and two weeks prior) to verify 1) that my reservation was in order 2) that I could pay with a different card upon arrival than the one I had reserved with. Both Chef Hermann and another staff member personally assured me of this. I informed staff that half of my party would arrive before me and they would pay for their room with their card.
They arrived at 6pm and were informed by staff that BOTH rooms were charged on my card and it was declined for both so they only charged one on my card. Staff then had my party pay for their room with their credit card. Fine. Whatever.
My party arrived at 10pm only to discover that they had GIVEN our room away to someone else!! Staff was rude and denied charging us for both rooms. Eventually we got Chef Hermann on the phone and he was rude and brushed us off! He did NOT apologize for giving our room away or help us find somewhere else at 10pm!! When asked why he didn't simply CALL use first, he said he called once, but did not leave a message?!?! We said we deserved some type of compensation for stressing out our whole party. He offered dinner for HALF of our party, but refused to offer dinner for all of us!
It took SIX phone calls that week to get him to admit that he charged us for both rooms and refund us for the one he gave away. NEVER AGAIN! A waitress at a Mexican restaurant in town AND the staff at the other hotel we ended up at both said he has a reputation for terrible customer service. HE DID NOT APOLOGIZE ONE TIME BUT ACTED LIKE IT WAS OUR FAULT!
If you stay here, you better pray nothing goes wrong because it will be YOUR fault!

Room Tip: Don't stay here. He is rude, arrogant, and does not care about the customer or even making sure a family has a nice trip.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mamyjojohnson
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My wife and I stayed in room #1 this past month and were immediately surprised at the room's size - 13.5' X 40'! Very spacious and comfortable. The bed matched the firmness of ours at home, so no problem there. As mentioned by previous reviewers, it would have been nice if the pillows were a better grade polyfill or down. The only other mild downside was that the TV was a rather small CRT-type inside the cabinet - but outside of the news/weather, we didn't spend much time watching it anyway. While we did hear some music coming from the cafe below, it was easliy muffled by the air conditioning/fan and it was totally off after 10:00pm. Road noise also diminished to zero by bedtime as well - but then you would expect that in a town of 10,000-11,000.

One of the nicest things about this hotel is its downtown location. I didn't feel isolated like you do in some of the larger chain hotels often located in the outskirts. Since we like to walk, we made ready use of the park trail along the east side of Lake Cadillac and managed to wander through most of the downtown area. I also recomend a visit to nearby Shay Station for breakfast. Great coffee, interesting historical decor and you have a view of the lake from the back tables!

I would repeat next time I'm in the area!

Room Tip: If you want a dead quiet room during the daylight hours, then ask for something other than room #1.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

We had a wedding in Cadillac and witht he gas prices so high we decided to spend 2 nights here, it was a very clean place and quite. we would spend more nights again in the future,We did not get a chance to eat there But with the wedding that would have been hard, Maybe next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Our room was great. Very clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. We needed a place to stay for my Daughters wedding and this was perfect for us. A bit noisy at times with the traffic. But it is in the heart of the city and close to everything so you have to expect a little noise at times.I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling to Cadillac.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family