“Long time staple resort with a Excellent sports bar!”

Curly’s Bar & Grill
Ranked #28 of 66 Restaurants in Cadillac
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Casual and comfortable, stop in for a burger and a beer and catch a game on one of our seven TV's. Friday night karaoke.
Eastport, Michigan
“Long time staple resort with a Excellent sports bar!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

My wife & I have stayed at McGuires Resort several times over the years and have always had excellent rooms, golf, service and dining experiences. We travel frequently from southwest to northwest Michigan and we are always looking for lunch stops. We dined at Curly's, but not for sometime. Food was always good and service the same. I happened to be web surfing and discovered McGuires had changed the menu at Curly's with some interesting options. We stopped on a Saturday afternoon. The parking area was packed with snowmobile trailers. The resort appeared to be very busy. When we entered Curly's there was only a few diners. We were greeted by Robin, who appeared to be the only person working. She brought a fresh bowl of pop corn and took drink orders. I ordered calamari as a appetizer, in said "made here" on the menu.
When presented there was a very ample serving of lightly breaded & seasoned calamari. It was accompanied by lemon wedge, tartar and cocktail sauce. The calamari tender, sweet and wonderful. My wife ordered a patty melt, which was excellent. It had a tomato jam that was very good. I asked Robin for a recommendation of the best sandwich and she never hesitated saying the "Egg". She said the first bite is the best. The "Egg" is a 1/2 pound burger with bacon, cheddar cheese an a fried egg. Also lettuce, tomato and onion on the side. I opted for no mayo. I have had LOTS of different burgers, never one with a fried egg. Robin was absolutely right on. The first bite was amazing, and it continued to the last. Great beef, perfectly prepared. Great bun, outstanding meal. We never put down a glass of beverage empty without Robin having come with a replacement, not just a fill. She was attentive, pleasant and very obviously loves what she does.
I will return here soon.

• Visited March 2014