“It's a bar...that serves good basic food”
Review of Maggie's Tavern

Maggie's Tavern
Ranked #15 of 66 Restaurants in Cadillac
Cuisines: American
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“It's a bar...that serves good basic food”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

More restaurant than bar but it has a full bar.

Real good burgers. Including Bison Burger (sometimes they are out of Bison) which is my favorite because it is very lean.

Their Mexican food is just OK...I am from Grand Rapids and we have some great Mexican places that spoil me so I wouldn't come here for the Mexican food.

They have some fish and steak options. Nothing overly pricey or fancy. But once again, if I want a steak or seafood there are better options in Cadillac.

For me it is a good place to go have a burger that isn't a fast food or a chain. Place looks like it has been there for a 100 years...which it probably has :)

I am a tough grader so it gets 3 dots but that doesn't mean it is bad...it just means it is average but the burgers are real good.

• Visited November 2013

Lake O
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

A friend from the area took me to Maggies, said I would really enjoy it. I did. I love the building and what they did to it. A very comfortable down home feeling. Our server was prompt and very helpful. I had trouble deciding and she was more than willing to explain different menu items. I had a burger and soup, both excellant. The burger was done right. My drink never got below half full without my server topping it off. Try it you will like it.
Doug

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We will never go back”
Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

All the food is frozen/prepared. I ordered a gyro, which came with a pressed meat product and no sauce on it at all. It was very plain and dry. My husband ordered chicken strips which were a frozen pressed meat product that cost $8 and even though we asked 3 times for BBQ sauce, my husband never got any. My daughter ordered nachos which had what looked liked canned chunk chicken on them. She was never asked if she wanted a refill on her soda. To top it off, there were only 3 tables with customers when we were there. We watched our server count her money and roll coin, and never did she check on us. This place is awful, plus dirty. The carpet needs to be replaced or at least vacuumed. Popcorn was all over the floor.

• Visited July 2013
Traverse City, Michigan
“Good food reasonable prices”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Ate dinner at Maggie's - food was very good, price was right, and the atmosphere was relaxed (ate around 5:00 PM). Would go back.

• Visited August 2013
East Lansing, Michigan
“VERY GOOD Service and Food”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We usually stop by this place when we're in Cadillac. The food is served quickly, it's good and the prices are fair. Need I say more?

Visited July 2013

Been to Maggie's Tavern? Share your experiences!