“VERY VERY DECEIVING AND BEWARE!!!!”

Cadillac Sands Resort
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Michigan
“VERY VERY DECEIVING AND BEWARE!!!!”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

My husband and I chose this facility from their website for our 4 year anniversary trip. Labor Day Weekend. NEVER GO AGAIN AND NEVER RECOMMEND. It is nothing like their website makes it out to be. They need to upgrade minor things such as paint, fix up pool area, advertise restaurant, fix rooms to be current not outdated. They have very small beach, not as advertised. The balcony needs cleaned and spiders/webs removed daily. Also we marked our bedding and they DID NOT change it once while we were there for 4 days so you wonder, do they ever?! YUCK! We were so disappointed. Nice restaurants near by definitely go to Lakeside Charlies. We never saw anyone in the restaurant or hotel bar. They are no where near what they should call themselves a resort!! I could go on but this is limited to 200 characters. DON'T GO!!!!
If you bring your own alcohol they make you sit in grassy area. I can see not next to tiki bar(which is actually a shed) but at other end, NOPE! Lots of areas are chipping. Just horrible place altogether!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 1buckeye4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 30 August 2012

To start off, I love this place. The staff is so friendly & the place is amazing. My family has been staying here at the facility for over 30 years. & we've only ever had a few problems. I love the poolside rooms there amazing. I love to just wake up smell the pool & step out & go swimming. The lake & there options out there are great we always to rentals. & pay volleyball. I hope everyone gets a chance to stay here!!! So its not 4 star but to me & my family it is!!!! (:

Room Tip: Go poolside or lakeside!!! There the best!!! (:
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Port Huron, Michigan
Reviewed 17 August 2012

The Cadillac Sands Resort could be appreciated for being a low-budget, great-locale kind of establishment you might find “up north” in Michigan but because they claim to be something they are not, I cannot give this place a good rating. If you visit their website, you’d think this is a very nice budget resort but it is NOTHING like the website. It’s a rundown facility that might have been a nice resort back in the Hoover administration! The rooms are musty and old. The pool area is in need of a major facelift and could use a cleaning – not just the pool itself but the rafters, lights, etc. which could be dusted once this century! Some rooms face the indoor pool area which probably seemed like a good idea at the time but the reality is that the area is musty, stuffy and gives no privacy at all. Most rooms have two doors though so there is an entrance that faces to the outside. The bathroom doors in the rooms all stick because of the poor ventilation in the pool area – we had someone in our party get stuck and have to bang on the door for someone to come let them out. The lake is nice and the property has a larger lot area so there is a beach and also a dock to tie up boats. We were there in August so looking for some summer fun – we enjoyed the lake and the large outdoor area including the volleyball net and lawn area. If you own a boat you can launch it nearby and use their dock. I understand they have a strong snowmobile season as well. However, overall this place is not at all as advertised. If they would simply describe the actual conditions of the resort (and charge a lower rate since the rate we paid was way too high for such a room/facility) then I could give this place a higher rating. Not every place can be The Four Seasons….I realize and I’m not a snob…but the Cadillac Sands was a huge disappointment.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank klgbliss

Travellers are raving about these Cadillac hotels

Clarkston, MI
Reviewed 10 August 2012

On-line description of facilities was awesome. However, upon checking in, we were extremely disappointed. Our room, which was on the lake, was very old, outdated and the smell of air freshener was so strong, it was unbearable. What were they trying to cover up?? The bathroom was old and shower/bathtub was disguisting. Our phone did not work and when we told the manager, he said they system needed to be rebooted. After rebooting, phone still did not work. We were afraid of catching something (healthwise) if we stayed, so we asked for our money back. We were immedately given our money back. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Elena1234
Pocatello, Idaho
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Perfect location, great real estate but this establishment has seen better days!
Definitely worth rescuing, but until then, my family won't be staying at The Sands again anytime soon!! Needs a total renovation!
Please, someone- SOS! Save out Sands!

• Stayed August 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We were there for a weekend stay at the same time a group was there. Noise disturbed many of our party most of the night (e.g., 2-3AM). There's nothing new or interesting about the place, although the waterfront location is ok. "Breakfast" is basic and barely adequate. My room was reasonably clean.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Clarkston, Mi
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Spacious, clean room with 2 queen beds (room 178) offering nice view of the lake. Sliding glass door had a screen so that you could enjoy the refreshing lake breeze. Bed mattress very firm (no pillowtop). The bath towels were very thin and rough. Not many people stayed here while we were there but the rooms on each side of us were occupied our first night and we couldn't hear any noise from either room. The pool water was clean and warm. Breakfasts was LOUSY. I would stay here again because I like the view of the lake. But I'd only stay in a Lakeside room. I do think the price we paid for the room was too high.

Room Tip: stay in a lakeside room
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple