“Nice stay at the Cadillac Sands”

Cadillac Sands Resort
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Parchment, Michigan
“Nice stay at the Cadillac Sands”
Reviewed 30 September 2008

The Cadilllac Sands resort appears to be a very well travelled resort, in need of some much TLC. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly, and the pool was awesome. However, the outside (especially the front) definatley needs some care. If you can overlook the lack of curb appeal, the resort offers clean rooms, an on site restaurant, and a pretty good contintental breakfast.

• Liked — Lakeside room-great view of the lake
  • Disliked — Lack of curb appeal, unable to rent a pontoon
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
monroe MI
Reviewed 16 September 2008

We had a very good time at this place . The prices are good and the staff are excellant. It isn't a modern place full of luxury and could use some updating. But made you feel at home and one can relax. The wife and I walked out to the beach and it was the normal upnorth beach on a lake not much sand but it was pretty.With what I think is over 600 ft. of shoreline. The family and I had a very good stay there and plan on returning soon. The pool was nice. The contentiel breakfast was a plus.

• Liked — convince, and great staff
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
Canton MI
Reviewed 30 August 2008

My husband and I decided to do a quick get away long week-end. I found this site on line and called the place was so much fun. The rooms could use a little up date but for the price It was ok. But the staff at this place was great!!!!!!! So much fun!!! You have everything you need you do not have to leave the place from resturants inside and out, to boating and fishing and a great veiw of the lake. The staff is amazing. Thank You so much for a great week-end.

• Liked — The Staff and food !!
  • Disliked — Update needed on rooms
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed 23 July 2008

I do love this hotel. My family and I stay here every year around the same time, Labor Day. I believe we have been doing buisness for over ten years. The Prices are resonable, Exspessially if i can afford them. The staff is frendly 24 hours a day. We only had one problem the whole ten years, in 2007 we booked a room just like any other year only this year we had our three month old baby with us and they decided to give us a room right next to the night club/bar. not a good idea, the music was clearly heard through the walls till all hours of the night. we called the front desk and they imediatly switced us over to a new room and discounted that night. so over all i am still going back this year and in the years to come. I think my favorate part is the pool. i remember a long time ago, me and my cousins used to jump in the cold lake then back into the 82 degree pool. i do recomend staying here, it is a great family tradition.

• Liked — The frendly staff and good food
  • Disliked — the night club/ bar
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
Winchester, Tn
Reviewed 12 June 2008

I was greeted by a very friendly staff and check in was very simple. The swimming pool is large , indoors and adjoines the outside beach bar. cozy come as you are restaurant and lounge is resonably priced. For the night club life the Sand Bar upstairs Cool. I'll stay everytime I'm near Cadillac. Special request just ask and you shall receive.

Stayed June 2008
belmont, mi
Reviewed 28 April 2008

We stayed at Cadillac Sands on our anniversary weekend. What a disappointment. The hotel is very old and is in desperate need of updating. It smells musty throughout. Our room was clean but the TV didn't work, the alarm clock was stuck on 9:50, the deadbolt didn't work, you had to strain to see the lake, the bed was hard as a rock. We had a poolside room but I'm not sure why. The pool was gross, green, and smelly. A hot tub or whirlpool would be nice but there was none. We stayed at another place the 2nd night which was significantly nicer and cheaper. The one good thing I will say is that the staff was friendly and helpful. I think they do the best they can to keep the place clean but it's so old that it still comes across as musty and gross. They are the only reason for 2 stars instead of 1. Terrible value for what we paid and I would never stay there again.

• Liked — helpful staff
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Cadillac hotels

battle creek
Reviewed 22 August 2007

I cannot believe the deception of the description of the Cadillac Sands Resort. They claim to be luxurious, clean and recently renovated. What an out and out fabrication. Our room smelled so bad that our clothes still had the awful stench 4 days later (we moved to a MUCH cleaner hotel). The bathroom was awful..the toilet was so loose it moved everytime you used it, the bathroom fan was practically daggling from the ceiling. I wouldnt even shower in this place. The bedding had the oldest matted and worn blankets. The walls were filthy. the white trim in the room was so chipped and old looking. the lamps and shades were DUSTY!! We were on the first floor and the window didnt even lock. We felt DIRTY staying there. The only reason we had to tough it out for a night was the cancellation policy. I was a travel agent for 20 years and have travelled all over the world and I dare say this was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
I wouldnt recommend it to anyone. The description that they provide is so far from the truth. Recently renovated?? When 1970?

• Liked — The nearby lake
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family