“What a Dump!”

Cadillac Sands Resort
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Reviewed 13 October 2008

This hotel is need of major repair! The room we were assigned needed the badly stained and worn carpet replaced. The tile in the bathroom was cracked throughout and left major gaps in the walls. Thank goodness I didn't see any bugs crawling out, but who know! The mirror in the bathroom was in disrepair and the light fixtures were cracked and wobbly.

My family was very disappointed and we will never return here again. We all wished we had taken our camper and stayed at the state park next door. At least I would have felt more comfortable and safe.

The outside of the room was hideous and the sideway was upheaved right in front of our door. Anyone with a disability or difficulty in walking would have tripped!

The ceiling was stained with something and the side chairs were stained and worn as well. You could even see the dips in the mattresses when you stood a distance from them. They badly needed repair.

I expected at least "Days Inn" quality for the price we paid and I'm sorry we didn't ask for a refund.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank gibson4475
There are newer reviews for Cadillac Sands Resort

Reviewed 30 September 2008

The Cadilllac Sands resort appears to be a very well travelled resort, in need of some much TLC. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly, and the pool was awesome. However, the outside (especially the front) definatley needs some care. If you can overlook the lack of curb appeal, the resort offers clean rooms, an on site restaurant, and a pretty good contintental breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2008

We had a very good time at this place . The prices are good and the staff are excellant. It isn't a modern place full of luxury and could use some updating. But made you feel at home and one can relax. The wife and I walked out to the beach and it was the normal upnorth beach on a lake not much sand but it was pretty.With what I think is over 600 ft. of shoreline. The family and I had a very good stay there and plan on returning soon. The pool was nice. The contentiel breakfast was a plus.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2008

My husband and I decided to do a quick get away long week-end. I found this site on line and called the place was so much fun. The rooms could use a little up date but for the price It was ok. But the staff at this place was great!!!!!!! So much fun!!! You have everything you need you do not have to leave the place from resturants inside and out, to boating and fishing and a great veiw of the lake. The staff is amazing. Thank You so much for a great week-end.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2008

I do love this hotel. My family and I stay here every year around the same time, Labor Day. I believe we have been doing buisness for over ten years. The Prices are resonable, Exspessially if i can afford them. The staff is frendly 24 hours a day. We only had one problem the whole ten years, in 2007 we booked a room just like any other year only this year we had our three month old baby with us and they decided to give us a room right next to the night club/bar. not a good idea, the music was clearly heard through the walls till all hours of the night. we called the front desk and they imediatly switced us over to a new room and discounted that night. so over all i am still going back this year and in the years to come. I think my favorate part is the pool. i remember a long time ago, me and my cousins used to jump in the cold lake then back into the 82 degree pool. i do recomend staying here, it is a great family tradition.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2008

I was greeted by a very friendly staff and check in was very simple. The swimming pool is large , indoors and adjoines the outside beach bar. cozy come as you are restaurant and lounge is resonably priced. For the night club life the Sand Bar upstairs Cool. I'll stay everytime I'm near Cadillac. Special request just ask and you shall receive.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 28 April 2008

We stayed at Cadillac Sands on our anniversary weekend. What a disappointment. The hotel is very old and is in desperate need of updating. It smells musty throughout. Our room was clean but the TV didn't work, the alarm clock was stuck on 9:50, the deadbolt didn't work, you had to strain to see the lake, the bed was hard as a rock. We had a poolside room but I'm not sure why. The pool was gross, green, and smelly. A hot tub or whirlpool would be nice but there was none. We stayed at another place the 2nd night which was significantly nicer and cheaper. The one good thing I will say is that the staff was friendly and helpful. I think they do the best they can to keep the place clean but it's so old that it still comes across as musty and gross. They are the only reason for 2 stars instead of 1. Terrible value for what we paid and I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple