Evergreen Resort
Econo Lodge(Cadillac)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$73
Hampton Inn Cadillac(Cadillac)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$89
US$85
US$56
US$53
Caberfae Peaks Ski & Golf Resort(Cadillac)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$94
US$86
US$81
Cadillac Inn(Cadillac)
US$78
US$74
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
All reviewsgolf coursegolf trippro shopbreakfast buffetterrace roomnice golfthe wait staffrenovated roomround of golfin great shapeplay golfmain buildingpet friendly roomhot tubgreat place to stayhockey tournamentyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at McGuire's for only one night although wish we could have stayed longer! My nephew was getting married so we searched for a reasonable priced hotel and came across this one. To our surprise it was much nicer then we expected and so much better then a hotel chain like Holiday Inn etc. We were checked in by the front desk manager ( He was super nice). Our room was exactly what the internet described. A two queen bed - large room with a walk out private patio for $154.00 a night. Holiday Inn wanted a little over $200.00 a night and didn't even offer half of what this resort did!! This hotel was very clean and all staff members were polite, friendly and most helpful. Our room was just down the hall from the pool/game room area, which the kids really enjoyed! They had a pool, hot tub, and sauna, all were clean and nice to use!! Our room was very comfortable and clean, we slept well!! We got there a little late in the evening and the golf club was getting ready to close, the young man working told my husband and I we could walk around the course and even pointed out a few trails we could walk through. This place really cared about their landscape! Everything was well maintained and just beautiful, from the grass to the flowers and even the parking area was clean! We seen workers all the time making sure all was well kept. After our walk we went to the Terrance Room for dinner as we thought they had pizza and that is what the kids wanted to eat. We looked over the menu and figured out it was the restaurant Pub next door that offered the pizza, we told our waitress we were going to head over there and she was so very nice about it and said we didn't have to leave she would just get us a menu from there, told us it happens all the time. In the morning my husband wanted to get a round of golf in so he headed out for that and myself and the kids went for the free breakfast. To my surprise it was located in the Terrance Room restaurant overlooking the golf course, big glass windows to look out of made it a nice treat. The breakfast buffet was a special treat since you got actual china and silverware to eat with as well as a china cup for your coffee, no paper plates and plastic silverware like you get other hotels. The buffet had eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, fruits, breads, bagels, yogurt, cereals, and of course coffee, juices and milk. The kids and I got back to the room to wait for my husband return from golfing, I was getting a little worried as check out was 11:00 and it was 10:50, I called the front desk and told the clerk the situation and he said not to worry we could stay in the room until my husband returned it was no problem at all and there would be no extra charge for a late check out :) We would stay here again in a heart beat, actually McGuire's Resort is the only place we would ever stay in Cadillac again, even though my sister-in-law lives here and we could stay with her if we are here visiting. Thank you McGuire's for making our stay so pleasant!!! Would recommend this resort to all of our friends and family :)

Room Tip: I don't think you could go wrong with any room at this resort!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amy W
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The choice is yours, and you will not be disappointed when you choose McGuire's Resort in Cadillac, MI. This was the third time we had hosted a reunion away from home and the Slaybaugh Get-together just added another star to their rating!!

From the day we made our first contact with Kayla Bodary, Sales Manager, her willingness to help us in every way was discussed with sincerity, kindness and enthusiasm. Her positive approach, the options she shared and patience portrayed was very impressive and very much appreciated.

To my knowledge, we did not hear any "negative criticism" from our guests as to the accommodations, food or facilities. When it came time to leave and the decision was made to meet every two years and not three...... the younger kids (5th generation) said, "Let's meet every year." Now, that says it all!

We thoroughly enjoyed the Barbeque Cookout Saturday night. The food was excellent, lots of it and the strawberry shortcake, which we made by ourselves, was out of this world. There on this lovely table along with all the other food, was a huge stainless steel basin of home made biscuits. Along beside this huge basin of biscuits was another huge stainless steel basin of whip cream and strawberries. It truly was a winner! Yes, I would highly recommend if you come to Michigan... "Go Green" or going North?... Go to McGuire's Resort, Cadillac, MI

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Janis C
Reviewed 29 August 2013

McGuire's is very rude! They ruined our wedding day! They told us the golfers where more important than us when getting Our pictures done, they yelled at my husband for pulling a golf cart up to far when picking me up so I didn't have to drag my very expensive dress threw a watery muddy mess, they yelled at my guests for eating a chicken nugget off the kids buffet even though I paid for 6 extra children who where not even there (at $34 per person I would think they could have a chicken nugget!) a waiter dumped food all over me and didn't apologize he just looked at me like I did something wrong, my best man got yelled at for wanting more food even though there was a ton left that we had paid for! The wait staff was all very rude to my guests! They also tried stealing some of my decorations! And dropped my gifts all over the place and separated my cards from gifts so I had no clue who they came from, one of the wait staff got in a screaming match with one of my groomsmen which was very unprofessional! There was many other horrible things with their service but would take hours to write all of it! Their rooms are not to bad, but I would never recommend anyone staying somewhere that treats people who pay thousands of dollars there so rudely!! Also if you are thinking of having a wedding here please think again! We just got married 2 months ago and are already planning on renewing our vows because they really destroyed our day!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Lindsey H
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We spent a long weekend getaway at McGuire's - first time and had a great experience. Reservations were handled very efficiently and made every attempt to get us the best deal. Check in was a bit slow as our room was not ready but well worth the wait..thiniking we were upgraded without even asking as it was huge and very comfortable. Walk-outs are well worth - from the ease of loading up the clubs in the cart to sitting outside to enjoy the weather.The golf course were a bit confusing at first but we were able to catch on quite quickly and had a great time challenging our skills. Only thing missing was a well set up driving range .
The pool, hot tub and sauna were well maintained and enjoyable after a busy day. Both the pub restaurant and the more formal one served good food and offered great friendly service. Breakfast buffet was simple but adequate and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. Thanks for a great weekend and we plan to return.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We visit McGuires every other year or so. They are the friendliest people. No matter where you pass an employee on the complex, from the desk to the gardener its "good day, how are you doing..." always with a pleasant smile. We had great King room for the first 2 nights, then, to be romantic wanted to move to a jacuzzi room. That one didn't work out too well as it had an odor that they tried to eliviate but no good. So we moved back to the room we had. Outside of that the stay was very nice, golf was good (the courses are in great shape, as always) and the room and grounds well kept. Breakfast buffet was plentiful and hot, not that rushed, plain (powdered eggs) stuff you get at other places. Pool and jacuzzi were clean and relazing. The rooms and golf are very good value.

Room Tip: Seems like the rooms with outdoor access (patios) probably house smokers who although smoke outside still stink up the room. Unfortunately these are some the larger (upscale) rooms so check them out before you check in. They have plenty of rooms with differing views so ask for what you want when requesting.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple