“My short but always enjoyable stay at McGuire's Resort.”
Review of Evergreen Resort

Evergreen Resort
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Chicago, Illinois
“My short but always enjoyable stay at McGuire's Resort.”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My family and I have have been staying at McGuire's Resort for over twenty years, at least. It has always been during the summer months, as a stay-over as we continue on to our vacation destination farther up north. We have always enjoyed the clean and comfortable rooms, the nice atmosphere, the fresh air of Cadillac, MI., and the trees and walking trails near the gorgeous golf course. We don't play golf, but I hope to change this as time goes by. And I hope to finally come up there during the winter or fall months to enjoy the varied activities offered there and in the city of Cadillac. The restaurants at McGuire's are always quite good although the menu items have been reduced in variety in recent years, which is kind of understandable, given the economic climate overall. This was our first time staying there under the new ownership, and I think I noticed a positive improvement over our previous stay two years ago, in 2012. I encourage the management to "keep it up!"

Room Tip: If the traveler(s) have difficulty with walking or climbing stairs, they can ask for a room closest...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Owosso, Michigan
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a suite with fireplace, whirl tub, two Tv's, Living room space, and frig.
Very spacious room!! It isn't budget friendly if that's what your looking for. Check in was fast n friendly. You get free breakfast and the view is wonderful. We are here on business so can't help folks that are looking for information on the golf course.

• Stayed August 2014
Lake Orion, Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We played 36 holes and stayed the night - it was a pleasant surprise. We also ate dinner and breakfast, again, a pleasant surprise. We had a very comfortable room with a view of the golf course. The price was completely inexpensive.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 900diannag
Lake Orion, Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I bought a Stay & Play golf package from groupgolfer for McGuire's. The hotel staff was great. Curley's bar had very friendly staff. Breakfast in the main restaurant was very good. The golf course was in very good condition.

My only gripe is the shower head in the bathroom. I am 6' tall and the shower head was about shoulder level. Kneeling in the shower to wash my hair is a pain.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ken W
Paw Paw, Michigan
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Recently stayed at McGuires for 1 night with another couple after a canoe trip outing. Arrived 2hrs before c/I & were happy that rooms were ready. Rooms were a bit outdated, however McGuires is in the process of renovating all rooms. Most importantly the room was clean, bathroom nice, AC works, & bed was comfy. Would note that their was no elevator, but it was only 2 floors.

Golf clubhouse was nice and European styled. Staff friendly, golf course was beautiful with detailed flowers around t box area. Cart girl & snack shack attendants all very friendly.

Both restaurants in hotel had very friendly staff. Roger at the outdoor dining area provided terrific service.

I would recommend resort to anybody looking for a reasonable price golf get away. If you need modern & fancy accommodations / restaurants I would not recommend to you.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brett81658
Macomb, Michigan
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My husband and I bought a golf package for one night stay and 36 holes. The golf course was well taken care of and enjoyable to play. We stayed in the main hotel and the room was modern with a flat screen TV. However we did't get much sleep because the pillows were terrible! The atrium restaurant was bright and with a nice view. The wait staff was very attentive and cheerful. The food was typical breakfast buffet scrambled eggs and bacon but came free with the package. Excellent coffee!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main building with a view of the golf couse. And bring your own pillows.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Alpena, Michigan
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We came here to relax and refresh after a hard week. Our plan was to sleep in, wake up leisurely, and enjoy our breakfast overlooking the golf course. Why are your housekeepers waking me up at 8am if checkout is not until 11??? If you include a breakfast buffet and tell me it's served until 9:30am, I darn well better be able to walk in at 9:10 and expect a full compliment of food. It was only until ten more people walked in at 9:20 that they decided to put out more food. Your breakfast buffet is the ONLY reason I opted for your $100 price and not the 80 dollar option down the road, so if I don't get my french toast- you don't get my business anymore. I thought this was a RESORT? And last time I checked...it's the middle of summer...that means people here are on vacation-- that means late mornings. Get your act together, McGuire's!

Room Tip: Be sure to place your "Do Not Disturb" sign outside if you want to sleep in. Then get to b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank sunnyamylynn
Stuart L, Front Office Manager at Evergreen Resort, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our resort. It is only through feedback like yours that we can improve our resort going forward. I am very sorry that you were disappointed with your stay with us, and I have addressed these issues with our Executive Housekeeper and Food and Beverage Manager. I would really like an opportunity to go over these issues with you personally, please contact me here at McGuire’s at your earliest convenience.
My direct line is 231-942-7050