“Hampton Inn Cadillac”

Hampton Inn Cadillac
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Cadillac
Reviewed 19 August 2013

This Hampton Inn was located just off the lake. It was very clean and quiet. There wasn't any place to walk, though, except the two cemeteries located next door and across the street. The only restaurants within walking distance were a Big Boy and a pretty bad Mexican restaurant. Still, it was beautiful, with a field of flowers and trees behind the motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Three families - three rooms - six young children. We loved this hotel. It has nice amenities and the hot breakfast is great. We will definitely stay here again.

The only negative (to me, personally) is the lack of reading lights above the two queen beds. There is only one reading light and it is between the beds and is not particularly bright.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Mickjags
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This hotel is very clean, comfortable and has a management staff that makes you feel like all of your concerns are their own. They do personify the company motto of 100% customer satisfaction. Having stayed in another brand of hotels in upper Michigan I had a terrible experience with room noise due to a connecting door to another room, as soon as we got to our room in this hotel and there was a connecting door I was afraid we would have another sleepless night. I made my way to the manager and he listened to my concerns and made me feel like this potential problems was extremely important. Todd took that extra step and moved us to another room. That was priceless, and fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark L
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This seems to be a converted Comfort Inn, so everything has been recently remodeled. The staff members were friendly, and the room was very clean.

There is not a whole lot to do in the immediate area, but it's a good place to stop by and near Traverse City. There is a lake nearby, but the town seemed a bit old and tired.

Room Tip: An overall good choice for good, quiet sleeping.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lovelaughtravellive
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Room was very clean, a bit small but very nicely decorated. Checkin was quick and painless. Breakfast selections were good. Only complaint - breakfast area and coffee area should be kept more tidy - seemed like somone set everything up and left for the day. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravellerMI2013
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our 6 yr old son for one night while traveling through the Cadillac area. The room was very nice and the clerk at the front desk was very accommodating by setting us up with a room that had a window visualizing where we parked so we could keep an eye on our trailer and UTV. The breakfast was great (considering it is FREE) - food variety of items. The pool area was clean and had towels available (a pet peeve of mine). The only negative thing I could say is that the mattress was quite firm - I am not a fan of firm but my husband and son did not complain. We will return!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Nursemomtothree
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Hotel clerk on check-in, couldn't have cared less if we were going to stay there or not! Second time this year I have experienced bad front clerk behavior at Hampton. Thinking of crossing this chain off my list! I have been loyal to Hampton in past because like chains amenities!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
micky t, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cadillac, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us and that we were not able to provide you with and exceptional stay. I was especially disappointed to read from your review that our staff did not provide you the professional and courteous treatment you deserve. I can assure you this is very unusual to happen and I’ve made sure to personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. We make every effort to respect our guests and I truly apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cadillac
Holiday Inn Express Cadillac
3 mi away
Days Inn Cadillac
Days Inn Cadillac
#4 of 14 in Cadillac

Been to Hampton Inn Cadillac? Share your experiences!