“What a disappointment.”
Review of The Marina - CLOSED

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I had been to this restaurant once before in the off season and had a great experience so Ididn't hesitate to recommend it to the rest of our group. What a mistake. I ordered gnocchi with meatballs and a puntanesca sauce, it was $31, that's insane. The entree came out without the sauce I ordered and the meatballs tasted like burnt hamburgers. The gnocchi although it said on the menu was handmade, it definately was not. I'm in the food industry, I know the difference, it was like eating rubber balls. My son ordered fried scallops with green beans. Green beans are in season right now, but he was served canned green beans and pre-breaded frozen scalops that were cool and watery in the middle. We paid over $130 for two adults and two children and I only had two really awful $7 glasses of nasty, house chardonnay. My daughter also ordered gnocchi with a meat sauce and was served a sauce with no meat in it. After waiting over 40 minutes with no one else in the restaurant for this mess, she decided it wasn't worth the trouble to send it back. This was one of those times that the whole thing was so bad, you wouldn't even know where to begin to tell the manager how to fix it. From the sticky vinyl tablecloths to the completely inept waitress who didn't even know what the entrees were supposed to come with as sides. We will not be back. If the owners read this, here's my advice, stear clear of your food rep and all the tempting pre-made crap and if you know how to cook Italian food from scratch then you should really give it a try.