“Good restaurant out of the way”
Review of The Marina - CLOSED

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

Food was excellent enjoyed it definitely one of the better meals I've had. Got chicken florentine this little old itlian women who happened to be the owner insisted we try one. Though it was weird not used to the family like atmosphere. Propobly because at the time it wasn't terribly buisy.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We went to this restaurant for a light supper and was never SO disgusted! We (2 couples) ordered the larger pizza with 2 toppings added (extra cost). An hour later we still didn't have our pizza. We had also ordered drinks. We got those right away. The waitress had come out about 20 minutes after we ordered to say they were having trouble with our pizza. We said "no problem" and ordered more drinks. When the hour was up we asked our waitress where our pizza was & thought we should get some of our drinks for free because of the time it had taken. She talked to the manager "MARK" and he just brushed her off. He stopped at every table and talked with the customers but NEVER stopped at our table. So as he was walking by I stopped him and explained, he then proceeded to BLAME us for not ordering a salad with our pizza and that pizza always takes longer because it is "hand tossed". We then got our pizza with hardly any toppings and the crust was SO hard we couldn't even bite it. Worse customer SERVICE I have ever had. Oh yeah we also had ordered onion rings and they were burnt. We never complained about them. Guess what? he gave us the onion rings for free to make up for the LATE, CRAPPY pizza!!!

1  Thank grannykIowa
Reviewed 28 May 2013

If you are looking for freshly made from scratch Italian cuisine, this is the place. Good selection to choose from on the menu, with all your Italian favorites.

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We live near Cadillac and this is one of our go to places to eat. It is expensive, but worth the money. The homemade pasta melts in your mouth! So good! Give it a try the next time you are coming to or through Cadillac!

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We have been to this Italian Restaurant three separate times in July. And, we were there last summer probably six times. They are only open from Mid-May to the end of September for the past few years, and we look forward to the annual opening day!

This is the real deal: The pasta is made right here--unless you order their imported pasta. The meal begins with homemade bread, made by Grandma right there in the kitchen. I love their bread almost as much as I loved my own Grandmother's bread. I could easily just have bread and soup for a meal, it is that good.

Several of the salad dressings are homemade as well. I like the Gorgonzola (blue cheese) dressing, but the house made Italian is pretty good too.

Entrees: One of our party had the daily special--an Alfredo based pasta dish with red peppers and chicken. She raved about it. In fact, we went back the very next night and she asked for it again! I had Veal Parmesan. Now, I have had this dish many other places. This Veal is the best, with the best sauce. It was served with a side of spaghetti--or whatever pasta you choose. Mine had their meat sauce, which was great. My experience is that they are very accomodating; one can ask for whatever pasta dish with whichever sauce. Pretty much everybody who works here is part of the same family; you might well be waited on by the owner or his mother.
Dessert this night was peanut butter pie. As we were coming in, diners leaving grabbed us and said, "be sure to have the peanut butter pie!" We did, and it was wonderful.
Overall, this is a great restaurant that I will return to again and again. It is a "fine dining" restaurant, dinner only. I find the prices quite reasonable; entrees are in the $10 to $17 range, none higher than that. It is in an area with other restaurants, but this one is far and away the top of the heap. Being used to "big city" prices, I find this place very reasonable, especially for "from scratch" food.

2  Thank BerthasDad