“Great place t o stay”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Calumet
Troy
“Great place t o stay”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Thank you Staff. We were in town for business and the room was clean and jacuzzi was fantastic. House keeping came in while were out and took care of our towels and bed. Breakfast looked great but we didn't eat because we were in a hurry. Thank you again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Grosse Ile, Michigan
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We stayed for four days and our room was not cleaned once during that time. Also on the last day of my stay I went down to breakfast 15 minutes early. I checked to see if all the food was available and it was. Plus I had a long drive. I got food and sat down. Suddenly the attendant appears with one last item to set out and states, "breakfast isn't until 6am." To which I replied, "Are you kidding me?" what she said was incredibly rude. I am a customer, and I was unaware that I was not following the rules. All the food, which I paid for, was out. It isn't as if I demanded anything from the attendant either. We were more than content to sit and eat what was present. The attendant was only molified when asked, "is it ok if we eat? We have a long drive ahead." She then had to think about it and stated that she guessed it was fine. I paid for this meal. I was not being disrespectful, but even if I was, I was not disturbing other customers. Just her. And guess what, I work in customer service too. No matter how annoying a customer is you have to smile and pretend you care. There was absolutely no reason for her to have said anything. We did not create extra work, and we were not upsetting anyone else.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank smstauch
DiannePeterson, General Manager at AmericInn Lodge & Suites Calumet, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the AmericInn lodge & suites of Calumet. Our top priority is creating an environment in which our guests can relax, renew and recharge. We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Please call me direct so I can resolve any issues you experienced during your stay.
Temperance, Michigan
Reviewed 13 February 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel last week and had a great time. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the rooms were very clean. I am a freak when it comes to staying in hotels but I felt very comfortable at this hotel. I plan on coming up to this area again and will be staying at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hortonville
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We had to come to the area for a funeral and many of my family members stayed at this hotel. It was clean and the staff was friendly. A nice place to stay. Good spot for snowmobiles as my cousins found out.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

Great Midwest
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was our 3rd time staying at the AmericInn and we always stay here for snowmobiling. The location is absolutely perfect located right on the snowmobile trail. Check in was a breeze and the beds are so comfortable and they give you plenty of towels. Located just 14 miles North of Houghton this place has all the amenities you could ever want. They offer a complimentary hot breakfast every morning with a good selection to get you going each day before the ride. Across the parking lot is the IGA, Subway, BP Gas, and Burger King. The location if prefect. They also have an indoor pool, sauna, and hot tub to keep you feeling good at the end of the day after the ride. From this location you can easily ride anywhere in the Keweenaw from Copper Harbor all the way to the Porcupine Mountains if you wish. Be warned though if you ride to the Porcupine Mountains it is a 250 miles round trip ride but we did it.

The location of this place makes it the place of choice to stay and the amenities cant be beat. Please note that snowmobile rentals are no longer available on sight so you need to make those arrangements well in advance and the staff can assist with that. During the summer this is also a great place to ride quad bikes and Harleys because you are in the heart of it all.

This region gets tons and tons of snow as a rule. As of this season I think they already got over 140 inches of snow since December 1, 2013. It snowed everyday while we were there getting 6-10 inches daily and the riding and trail grooming was incredible. Due to all the snow I have one minor complaint that they need to address. They have a huge end loader out in the parking lot to shovel the snow. The end loader driver starts this truck everyday at around 6AM and is plowing by 630AM. The noise from the truck while starting and plowing wakes everyone up making it hard to sleep and the back up beeper could wake up a sleeping bear. The motel should make it a point to have this operator not start plowing until 8AM and this would make for a more enjoyable stay and he can still get his job done. Diane and staff do a great job and I'm sure they can address this.

Room Tip: Request a room on the North side of the motel (opposite of main entrance) to avoid the noise from th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Roscommon
Reviewed 17 December 2013

A great place to stay, made us feel right at home! The hot cider and cookies in the evening was a great plus!! We were there during a snow storm, which is typical for Upper Michigan in winter. The only thing that could have been better was to start plowing the parking lot and sidewalks a little sooner. Overall a great place to stay!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Davisburg, Michigan
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The stay was OK, just overnight. Probably would not bother to review if not for check in.

Wanted to pay cash, OK. Wanted $150 deposit, no problem. Reciept for deposit? No one has ever asked for that before! Apparently they just hand over $150 in cash there without question. C'mon.

21st century to hotel manager: I know in the 70's someone figured out that ultra rock hard mattresses last longer so they cost less. At the turn of the last century many chains discovered that 90% of the customers do not use the pool or the excersise room, but 100% use the bed. Go stay at the Holiday Inn and see what a hotel bed looks like.

They also discovered that it does not really cost that much to put the vending machines in a room with a bunch of insulation. It was nice to know that your ice machine was functional all night long.

On the plus side, the room was clean, the heat worked and the rate was reasonable.

Room Tip: Book early at another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Robert H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calumet
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Houghton
Super 8 Houghton
Super 8 Houghton
#2 of 7 in Houghton
Holiday Inn Express Houghton - Keweenaw

Been to AmericInn Lodge & Suites Calumet? Share your experiences!