“I think they need to do some training”

Holiday Inn Express Canton
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Garden City, Michigan
“I think they need to do some training”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Let me start when I made the reservation I ask for adjoining rooms they stated if it was available but at check in they said they dont have any had I known that I wouldn't have stayed there because I had 7 adults 2 children family that was the first thing number two at check in the rooms were not clean I had call the day before for earily check in they said it would be available at 12 I got there around 2 number three we were to have two suites with two queen beds because it wasn't ready I took two suites with one king and a pull out so adult family members had to sleep on two pullout s number four I got the two room keys went into the room and it was occupied by a gentlemen so we had to Chang rooms so it went from there no towls by the pool no coffee no creamer I have stayed at holiday inn many many times this was the worst from the reservations to the end

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank inslady1
Holidayinnexpre... C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canton, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of our hotel for your unsatisfactory stay with us.

In regards to the occupied room assignment, there is no excuse for the inconvenience we caused you. We acknowledge the inability to honor your early check in request, despite your confirmation previous, and the misinformation about rooms types. As for your room assignments, while we do not have any adjoining rooms, we do our best to situate rooms as close together as possible.

Here at the Holiday Inn Express, coffee and creamer are always available around the clock in our lobby. Should they be missing from your room, our staff is always willing to replenish room supply directly.

While normally vigilant when it comes to pool towels, when there are groups in house the rate of use is higher than the rate of restocking. There are always extra towels at the front desk and a reserve in our laundry room conveniently available in these instances and just a call away from our pool phone.

These situations are not the standard for any IHG property. We hope you accept our sincerest apologies.

Your concerns have been brought to the attention of the management as well as housekeeping to get the problems you experience resolved and made sure they do not occur a second time.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. If we can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Steven Oberloier
Guest Experience Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed here 08 feb 2014, place was real clean.breakfast was great and fresh. real good hotel desk clerk. young gentleman. but you guys were batting 500. until the maid did not change sheets as i requested. other than that mishap. it was a good hotel.

Room Tip: ask for the room facing the highway.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I was in Canton for a training class and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. It was a super nice hotel. Most likely, the nicest hotel in the area located right next to large Ford plant in Wayne. The room was very comfortable with a large screen TV, a microwave and a refrigerator. I stayed two days and would definitely stay again. The staff was very friendly and they have a large area for breakfast and evening snacks. The work out room and pool were very nice too. I wish my 10 year old daughter was with me to enjoy the pool.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

They need a new manger because Debbie never there and the employees don't know anything. Very unorganized never staying here again. Need to have like a manger on call or duty all times. Nice hotel bad staff

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank calrenelovesmykids
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Canton, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear calrenelovesmykids,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from during your stay. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cedar Springs, Michigan
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while shopping at Ikea. The locatiin is okay but must drive there. Not much around.

the hotel was clean and staff friendly. Breakfast was good and filled us up.

if the price is right and cheaper than ones by Ikea it is worth it

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The service was nothing short of absolutely amazing! Korene was awesome. I called the front desk and before I could hang up the phone she was there. This staff has set the bar for hospitality in Canton. Thanks Korene you made my stay a memorable one. Looking forward to my next visit!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank DwayneWilliams
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have spent many a night in hotels while on business, but this trip was for pleasure, I found it close to the air port, yet near the area's that I wanted to visit. I found the the staff to be very good, right down to supplying me a menu when asking for area's restaurants. I noticed each time I passed a employee, I would get a smile and someone asking if they could help in anyway. I found it touching that housekeeping left me a hand written note thanking me for staying with them. Pool and hot tub was very clean, along with the whole hotel. It would be my first choice while staying in the area again. I usually do not leave reviews, but felt they really make my stay enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family