“Great Stay”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The hotel staff (Klodiana & Maria) were extremely accommodating and friendly. Our room was clean and very comfortable. I would definitely stay at this property again. It truly was a great stay at a great price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank F25Rooster
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review about our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide a friendly, clean and comfortable atmosphere for all of our guests; it is extremely rewarding to know we were able to provide this for you.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again or at any of our other brand locations. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Klodiana, Maria and the rest of my team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 31 July 2012

The internet sucks.. other than that, they've made improvements since I've been here. The in house laundry place also sucks with only 4 washers.. Never seems to be available, especially on the weekends. My fridge leaks water constantly. Go somewhere else unless you really need to save money

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear you experienced multiple issues when staying with us. I know the experience you had with your refrigerator and our laundry services must have been inconvenient and frustrating. I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention.

We appreciate your business and hope you will give our hotel another try in the future or stay at any one of our other brand locations.
Reviewed 11 July 2012

When we got here our room wasn't even clean. We had to wait about an hour. But they were kind and gave us the first night for free. The hallways smelled like smoke. Then when we got to our room, there was a TERRIBLE smell. We gagged. The beds are tiny. We think the smell was coming from the bathroom. (we checked under the beds for dead things, all good, haha) we left for fresh air once we got there. I don't suggest this place because it doesn't seem well maintained. This is probably the best feedback you will ever get. I assure you.

• Stayed July 2012
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Detroit - Canton. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.
Lebanon, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed here only because (1) availability (2) location near client. As soon as we opened the room door it smelled like wet dog. The carpet was filthy-our black socks prooved how dirty.

Smokers filled small the back door trash bin which was left full for too long. Lots of green algae growth on concrete by back door.

A fragrant oily product... ?Mistolin? ??? is used to mop the back entrance area but it is REALLY slippery.

This location needs a THOROUGH deep cleaning-from the ac filters to the rims of the bathroom sinks.

The standard dust & vacuum service is not sufficient. Some TLC would go a long way, but management needs to look harder than a quick open of a door IF they even do that.

• Stayed August 2011
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My wife joined me on a business trip to Michigan and we chose Extended Stay because the price was right and it had a kitchen. We ended up asking for a refund and going elsewhere because our first room reeked of stale cigarette smoke and the second wasn't any better. I can only assume that the hotel allowed smoking before state law prohibited it in 2010 and they haven't done a good job getting the smell out of the furnishings.

I would only recommend this place if you're on a budget and don't mind the smokey aroma.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I stayed at the Extended Stay for two nights. My main reasons for choosing this location were that it was close to Ann Arbor without the Ann Arbor price tag, and that there was a refrigerator. I had stayed in Extended Stays before so pretty much knew what to expect: no shampoo, no blow dryer, no daily maid service - no big deal for me. I really liked having the full-size refrigerator and freezer, and the kitchen sink to use. There was also a two burner stove top, toaster, and a coffee maker. There were two bowls, plates, cups, coffee cups, and tableware settings. Also a colander, spatula, and paring knife. No pots or pans. That being said, it had everything I wanted for myself for this trip.

Everything in the room was clean, although there were stains on the floor, carpet, and counter. There were several carpet stains in the hallway as well. Basically, it's clean, just tired-looking. But for their prices I could not get too worked up about it.

Front desk staff and other employees that I saw were all very friendly.

Also, this location is very close to I-275 (2-3 minutes, depending on the light) but it was extremely quiet. I could not hear any traffic unless I was outside.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Stayed here 2 nights. Like most others have said, this is a fairly basic, inexpensive hotel (under $25 via Priceline bid). Room had the mini-kitchen with full-size fridge w/ freezer, microwave, 2-burner stove-top, toaster, coffeemaker, plates and pans. TV was tiny with limited channels, wifi internet (which worked well) was a one-time fee of $5. No shampoo/conditioner included in the bathroom, so bring your own.

The room was clean, can't complain much there. Hotel location is perfect, about 10 minutes north of DTW right off I-275. Tons of shopping and restaurants within minutes of the hotel on Ford Rd.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Baymont Inn & Suites Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express Canton

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton? Share your experiences!