“This place is awesome the employees are great!”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Klondiana,cathy Johnson,kierra wright where the best they are very sweet and help a lot they do an awesome job! The place was very clean. Rooms are nice. Everyone here is great! It is in a great location. The area has no problems. Everyone is just too sweet klondiana was the best she loves to have a good conversation

• Stayed: December 2012
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you for your review. I'm happy to hear our staff took such good care of you. It's always great to hear positive feedback from valued guests like yourself. We appreciate your business very much.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

I stayed for a month recently and had a great experience. I was alone, female, and was worried based on previous reviews. I wish more people would write about the positives rather than just the bad.
My stay was great. Good value, I googled coupons and got a great deal, front desk staff were always helpful, especially Klodiana. My room needed extra cleaning and they got right on it, no questions. I will definitely go back. Felt very safe, stayed on 1st floor. Great laundry.

Room Tip: 1st floor was nice
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your hotel experience with us. It was very rewarding to hear you enjoyed your stay but mostly that you found our location to be safe, hospitable and clean. We strive to provide great customer experiences and I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel in Canton. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

The hotel staff (Klodiana & Maria) were extremely accommodating and friendly. Our room was clean and very comfortable. I would definitely stay at this property again. It truly was a great stay at a great price.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank F25Rooster
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review about our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide a friendly, clean and comfortable atmosphere for all of our guests; it is extremely rewarding to know we were able to provide this for you.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again or at any of our other brand locations. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Klodiana, Maria and the rest of my team.

Reviewed 31 July 2012

The internet sucks.. other than that, they've made improvements since I've been here. The in house laundry place also sucks with only 4 washers.. Never seems to be available, especially on the weekends. My fridge leaks water constantly. Go somewhere else unless you really need to save money

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear you experienced multiple issues when staying with us. I know the experience you had with your refrigerator and our laundry services must have been inconvenient and frustrating. I appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention.

We appreciate your business and hope you will give our hotel another try in the future or stay at any one of our other brand locations.

Reviewed 11 July 2012

When we got here our room wasn't even clean. We had to wait about an hour. But they were kind and gave us the first night for free. The hallways smelled like smoke. Then when we got to our room, there was a TERRIBLE smell. We gagged. The beds are tiny. We think the smell was coming from the bathroom. (we checked under the beds for dead things, all good, haha) we left for fresh air once we got there. I don't suggest this place because it doesn't seem well maintained. This is probably the best feedback you will ever get. I assure you.

• Stayed: July 2012
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Detroit - Canton. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.

Reviewed 29 August 2011

We stayed here only because (1) availability (2) location near client. As soon as we opened the room door it smelled like wet dog. The carpet was filthy-our black socks prooved how dirty.

Smokers filled small the back door trash bin which was left full for too long. Lots of green algae growth on concrete by back door.

A fragrant oily product... ?Mistolin? ??? is used to mop the back entrance area but it is REALLY slippery.

This location needs a THOROUGH deep cleaning-from the ac filters to the rims of the bathroom sinks.

The standard dust & vacuum service is not sufficient. Some TLC would go a long way, but management needs to look harder than a quick open of a door IF they even do that.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 17 August 2011

My wife joined me on a business trip to Michigan and we chose Extended Stay because the price was right and it had a kitchen. We ended up asking for a refund and going elsewhere because our first room reeked of stale cigarette smoke and the second wasn't any better. I can only assume that the hotel allowed smoking before state law prohibited it in 2010 and they haven't done a good job getting the smell out of the furnishings.

I would only recommend this place if you're on a budget and don't mind the smokey aroma.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
La Quinta Inn Detroit Canton
Holiday Inn Express Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton? Share your experiences!