“nice and affordable place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Canton
Indianapolis, Indiana
“nice and affordable place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

I have been working out of town for a month.This hotel has been a clean and affordable place to stay for the working man on a tight budget.The rooms are very clean, And smell nice. Most importantly the beds are clean and comfortable.The microwave,stove and refrigerator make it a comfortable stay away from home.The lady at the front desk,Klodiana is a bright and cheerful person to do business with.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank james c
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 21 February 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition. I am so glad that our hotel has worked so well for you. Our staff takes great pride in taking care of our guests – from the housekeepers to our front desk associates – your satisfaction makes us so happy.
Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) location

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Cedar Springs, Michigan, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

The walls and floors in this hotel are paper thin, I could hear the shower and toilet in adjacent rooms as well as every time a door opened. The comforter kept sliding off the bed and the blanket was too short to cover my feet and pull up to my shoulders. They offer absolutely nothing extra, skimpy breakfast (apple, muffin, and oatmeal). It was clean and the staff was friendly. I wouldn't stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.
We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price. We recognize that if our guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen bedding that we hope best suits their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us. I am also sorry that you didn’t enjoy our breakfast. Our Grab and Go Breakfast is a new feature for us and many of our guests often enjoy it.

Travellers are raving about these Canton hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

They have an attendant here named Klodiana who is simply delightful. She was always smiling and had the best attitude of all the staff. She made my stay here very pleasant indeed. The room I rented was also nice and clean. Love the appliances.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank cheridel
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 23 January 2013

Owings Mills, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2013

I've stayed at the Extended Stay - Canton on three separate occasions and have enjoyed each one. It's clean, quiet, has great rates and the staff is wonderful, especially the manager, Klodiana. I plan to stay here each time I visit Canton.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 10 January 2013
Thank you for your review. I want to first thank you for your continued business. We are so happy you continue to stay at our hotel and we greatly appreciate your business. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about our hotel and staff. I am pleased to hear you enjoy your stays. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Canton.
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2012

I have been staying here for 5 months now (yes! months). It is an excellent option if you plan to stay for extended period (especially more than 60 days to qualify for value plan). The hotel infrastructure is not new but good value for money. During my stay I've only had very few issues which very resolved promptly. Most of the staff is very cordial and professional; I highly recommend Angela and Klodiana.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 31 December 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I want to first thank you for your continued business; it's our pleasure to have you staying with us. I apologize for any issues at all that have arisen during your stay but I am pleased to hear they were dealt with promptly. Thank you for your kind words about the staff and hotel. We are happy to have you with us.
Monroe, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

Great Place to stay, I' stay here at lease four time a month very nice location easy acces to major expressways.Also easy access to nice places to eat. Klodiana at the service desk is always helpful! and always a joy to talk to.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 26 December 2012
I wanted to take the time to personally respond to your review. We greatly appreciate your continued business; thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear you enjoy our location. You are a valued guest and we look forward to having you back on your next trip to Canton.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

We recently visited this location and found the desk attendant to be extremely pleasant and helpful. The desk attendant (Klodiana) was very helpful in making sure we had a room that fit our comfort level. Her assistance was very appreciated during our entire stay.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 23 December 2012
Thank you for your review. It's very rewarding to hear that our staff delivered on our committment of great guest service. I appreciate you sharing your hotel experience with us. Thank you for your business.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Baymont Inn & Suites Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express Canton

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton? Share your experiences!