“Comfortable and Kind”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Belleville, Michigan, United States
“Comfortable and Kind”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I'm waiting for my condo and needed something temporary... my experience has been one of comfort during my wait. I'm always greeted with a smiling face. One person who stands out is Klodiana. She always brightens my day with her happy personality. She is always so willing to help. When I leave I will miss this very sweet lady. If you need to place for a short or long stay I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I liked the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sandy S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Sandy - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that Klodiana is always smiling and helpful to you. I am so glad that the entire staff was able to make your stay enjoyable, and that you will highly recommend our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We checked in on Thursday, June 27th for a three night stay and were booked into room 233. Our room was older and had not been updated. As I always do, my first search was for bed bugs. Unfortunately, we found them within ten seconds of looking. It was disgusting! There were bugs scurrying under the mattress near the head of the bed and a pile of bug waste. We immediately told the front desk, who kindly offered us another room. However, that was not an option for us.

My other family received room 205. Their room appeared updated and clean and had no bug issues. We also had other friends who stayed in the hotel that did not have any issues with bugs.

This hotel is a good value for what you get, but I would definitely check the room carefully before choosing to stay. We were warned about bug issues in this area and were so thankful we checked. I have e-mailed the hotel about this issue but have not received a response. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in the same parking lot and it was wonderful. It was also much more expensive. But I will pay any price to not have bugs crawling on me.

Room Tip: Check carefully! Some rooms had no issues, but we found bugs as soon as we looked under our mattres...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sweetiebeak
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I was disheartened to read that you experienced this situation. Please accept our apologies. To prevent this from happening again, my team is being proactive and checking all rooms. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at can@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was just what you would expect for the price. Nothing fancy, but everything was clean and met our needs. A very basic hotel, but works well if you need a refrigerator or want to cook simple meals. No stove, but there is a cook top and microwave. Staff were always friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MJ292
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your great room at a great rate. As well, I am so glad that our staff provided you with such friendly service.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The service was exceptional. Especially from a young lady who went the extra mile to give superb customer service. Klodiana is her name. Her pleasant personality and joyful assistant made the stay of 4 days and 4 nights very very pleasant, even though there was a problem with our windows. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and associates. Thank you very much.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank DeeNanna
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with Klodiana. However, I was disappointed to hear you had a problem with your windows. Please reach out to me at can@extendedstay.com to further discuss this; we want to make sure we correct this problem. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The room was comfortable. The full kitchen is great, especially if you are staying for several nights. Our room seemed to be freshly painted and carpet looked fairly new. The bed linens and comforter seemed fairly new as well. The bed was a little hard but clean. However, our friends on a lower floor said their room needed painting badly and looked dingy. The price was great. Klodiana was very friendly and made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor away from the elevator are quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank R W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your guest room. As well, that the staff was so friendly and helpful. I will be sure to share your remarks with the entire team, including Klodiana.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I just loved the full sized frig. They thought of everything. All you need to bring is the dish soap to wash your dishes which they supply. There was good storage for your food and even hangers for your clothes. No HGTV but free Showtime and free Wi-Fi. All this at the best price I've ever paid for a hotel room. I would call it a studio apartment.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Willetta - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your in-room kitchen, the free WiFi and new flat screen television. The staff and I are so happy we could provide you with a "home away from home".

Canton
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Absolutely the best service I have recieved through my travels.
Klodiana is very professional and courtious with her service to me and other customers at Extended stay.It has been so hospitable to me and my associates in the past 40 days.
I don't even consider staying in another hotel/apartment in Canton.

Espesially I would like to say special thanks to Klodiana. She always treats very nice for the customers. Klodiana is really very big asset for Extended Stay,Canton Hotel Management.

I always feel like I am at home. Other Staff members like Maria, Kiera are very nice.

Once again I'm back to same hotel after my vacation.
Hope I will get same service. :-)

Room Tip: Tables are not in good condition. Seems lots o cost cuttings. There is lot of difference between Aub...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Venkat R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
Venkat - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with Klodiana, Maria, and Kierra. We have all truly enjoyed having you visit with us for the past 40 days!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Hampton Inn Suites Detroit-Canton
Holiday Inn Express Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton? Share your experiences!