“6 months stay in this hotel”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Canton, Michigan
“6 months stay in this hotel”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was in business trip to Michigan, and I stayed 3 months last year and 3 months this year in this same hotel. The front desk, especially the lady named Klodiana, she is really nice to people, and very helpful. hotel itself is good for it's price. and room service once a week for long stay like me. located in downtown of Canton, and I like the small river in front of the hotel. many wild life there. very close to gym center also.

Adam Zhao

Room Tip: I prefer room facing the river. it's better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Adamzhao
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a comfortable stay with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with or location as well as our rates and staff. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Stayed 3 months and couldn’t be happier. The staff was excellent. They went out of their way to make my stay comfortable; from room type to accommodations they were wonderful. I felt like I was in a place where people cared; a second family you could say. I wouldn’t hesitate to come back again or recommended this Extended Stay.

Klodiana was just one of this amazing staff members that worked tirelessly to make my stay a great one…and it was!

Rick

Room Tip: Ask the staff, they are more than willing to help you select the best room for your stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rick W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Rick - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your guest room. As well, it is great to know that Klodiana and the entire staff were so friendly and helpful to you while you visited our hotel.

Portage, Michigan
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have stayed at extended stays in California and one just outside Detroit and I must say this location, was disappointing. My family was uncomfortable, itching after one night, carpet to the room were dirty, kitchen was dirty, room was outdated. I did not use the drawers as they were stained and the handle was broken off one of the dresser drawers. The bathroom door was dirty and I used clorox wipes to clean off every surface in the room. Then it was over, I was done and checked into a different hotel early the next morning.

With a litle TLC this could be a great hotel, but for now I will stay far from this place :(

Room Tip: Don't know what to tell 'ya
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank lmh391
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you described regarding room standard is truly regrettable. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at can@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Canton hotels

Belleville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I'm waiting for my condo and needed something temporary... my experience has been one of comfort during my wait. I'm always greeted with a smiling face. One person who stands out is Klodiana. She always brightens my day with her happy personality. She is always so willing to help. When I leave I will miss this very sweet lady. If you need to place for a short or long stay I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I liked the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Sandy S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Sandy - Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that Klodiana is always smiling and helpful to you. I am so glad that the entire staff was able to make your stay enjoyable, and that you will highly recommend our hotel.

Kalamazoo, MI
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We checked in on Thursday, June 27th for a three night stay and were booked into room 233. Our room was older and had not been updated. As I always do, my first search was for bed bugs. Unfortunately, we found them within ten seconds of looking. It was disgusting! There were bugs scurrying under the mattress near the head of the bed and a pile of bug waste. We immediately told the front desk, who kindly offered us another room. However, that was not an option for us.

My other family received room 205. Their room appeared updated and clean and had no bug issues. We also had other friends who stayed in the hotel that did not have any issues with bugs.

This hotel is a good value for what you get, but I would definitely check the room carefully before choosing to stay. We were warned about bug issues in this area and were so thankful we checked. I have e-mailed the hotel about this issue but have not received a response. We stayed at the Hampton Inn in the same parking lot and it was wonderful. It was also much more expensive. But I will pay any price to not have bugs crawling on me.

Room Tip: Check carefully! Some rooms had no issues, but we found bugs as soon as we looked under our mattres...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sweetiebeak
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 9 July 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I was disheartened to read that you experienced this situation. Please accept our apologies. To prevent this from happening again, my team is being proactive and checking all rooms. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at can@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This was just what you would expect for the price. Nothing fancy, but everything was clean and met our needs. A very basic hotel, but works well if you need a refrigerator or want to cook simple meals. No stove, but there is a cook top and microwave. Staff were always friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank MJ292
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your great room at a great rate. As well, I am so glad that our staff provided you with such friendly service.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2013

The service was exceptional. Especially from a young lady who went the extra mile to give superb customer service. Klodiana is her name. Her pleasant personality and joyful assistant made the stay of 4 days and 4 nights very very pleasant, even though there was a problem with our windows. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends and associates. Thank you very much.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank DeeNanna
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad to read that you were pleased with Klodiana. However, I was disappointed to hear you had a problem with your windows. Please reach out to me at can@extendedstay.com to further discuss this; we want to make sure we correct this problem. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Baymont Inn & Suites Canton
Holiday Inn Express Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton? Share your experiences!