“Old, old, and more old.”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Chicago, Illinois
“Old, old, and more old.”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I just filled out their survey - the hotel is old looking, old smelling, and the staff weren't that friendly. I bought some Febreze and the room was fine after that. I noticed a lot of holes in the carpet, chips in the wall, chips in the door, etc. This place is in bad need of renovation. The elevator is a little scary in how much it creaks and groans, and they only had one luggage cart available. My hotel room also had very few dishes and I had to clean what was there due to it not being very clean (again, smell and look - clearly the glasses had detergent stuck to them!). It was fine for a quick stopover vacation like this, but I wouldn't have wanted to be there longer than 3 nights. Its also hard to find the entrance (turn at the sign for the Hyatt and follow the curve of the road to the left).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed 18 August 2013

I have never stayed in such a dirty and horrible place. This place should be called a motel instead of hotel. You know there is a problem if you have to wipe everything down as soon as you walk in the room. The carpet was completely dirty couldn't bare walking on it without sandals.

• Stayed August 2013

Travellers are raving about these Canton hotels

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Our room was horrible!!! Stains all over the walls, written all over the place... It smelled horrible like eggs... Stains in the floor, nothing like the pictures were shown. The outside of the hotel was nice looking, but as soon as you got in the hotel it was just terrible! If you have to go into a hotel and start cleaning, that tells you all....

• Stayed August 2013
Toronto
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This is my favorite place to stay during the convention in Belleville as usually for years!!! The hotel location is so green and wildlife! The hotel staff, specially Klodiana, is so friendly and helpful and it is a good price within the quality standard. I would recommend this hotel for your family or business trip .

Haroun

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with the hotels location as well as Klodiana and staff.

Once again, thank you for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
New Baltimore, Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I suppose it depends on your standards. My room was dirty. Old dirt and urine were at the base of the toilet, the top of the refrigerator was dirty and sticky, the top edge of the bed and chair railings were also nasty. The towels I used to clean these items were black when I finished. We also went out and bought several air fresheners to mask the odor. Needless to say we will not be back.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issues you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience.

To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team and I are working on this very diligently by inspecting rooms before checking in arrivals.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at can2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I am from China, I stayed here 2 times, 1 month each time for business
The staff like Klodiana and some others are so kindly
It is wonderful for family and couples to stay also
I recommend this hotel for your business travel or sightseeing journey
It's very safe also!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Rebecca - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel when you were in the area for business. As well, I am glad that our staff provided you with such great service, especially Klodiana.

Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I was in business trip to Michigan, and I stayed 3 months last year and 3 months this year in this same hotel. The front desk, especially the lady named Klodiana, she is really nice to people, and very helpful. hotel itself is good for it's price. and room service once a week for long stay like me. located in downtown of Canton, and I like the small river in front of the hotel. many wild life there. very close to gym center also.

Adam Zhao

Room Tip: I prefer room facing the river. it's better view.