“Satisfied”

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Bailey, Colorado
“Satisfied”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

The hotel is adequate for my long-term needs in Canton. The customer service makes up for the lack of luxury. I will be staying with this hotel for the next 6 months and the desk staff, especially Klodiana makes this stay easier for me. I appreciate her professionalism and kindness when I'm away from home for such long periods of time.

Room Tip: This facility has no gym, but there is a gym across the street.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank max851
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that Klodaiana and the rest of the staff was kind and provided you with great customer service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Klodiana and Angela are wonderful.
It goes down hill fast after that...I had to stand for several minutes to get help from a different front desk lady. She saw me standing there and ignored me. She looked at me and then continued to chat to another worker. She didn't even acknowledge me. She gave me grief about getting toilet paper and a towel. She said she needed to talk to her manager about giving me a towel and toilet paper. I have been here for 3 weeks and have been shorted towels and toilet paper every week.
The lady that cleans the rooms slams stuff around. I thought a fight was going on in the room next to me because of all the noise. Just to find out it was the cleaning lady.
The smell in room 330 was so bad I could hardly breath. I stayed in that room for 3 weeks thinking that all the rooms must smell this bad. The carpet is so yucky that if I walk around in white socks...They are soon black. YUCK
After finally changing rooms, the smell was better. Then I found ants in room 230. In fact I was bitten by an ant while sitting in the recliner. Maintenance man came up and found another one, but he did spray and hopefully more won't return. The bottom line is that the cleaning ladies don't vacuum under the recliner. When I tipped the recliner forward I found cookie crumbs and cheetos underneath that had been there for who knows how long. I did find more ants a week later. The assistant manager assured me that the cleaning lady would vacuum under my recliner. The next week it was never done. And the assistant manager was transferred so I couldn't even talk to her. Fortunately Angela, the manager, came up and vacuumed under my recliner herself. The week before I left, my room wasn't even cleaned on my cleaning day. I had to go tell Klodiana and she took care of it.
This is a pet friendly hotel and nobody picks up after their pets. Even the hotel staff doesn't clean dog poop that has been sitting for weeks. Be careful not to step in the grass as you might step in dog poop.
Needless to say my stay at Extended Stay America was the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

Room Tip: Every room I stayed in was terrible.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Charles T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Thank you for the kind comments regarding Klodiana and Angela. However, the lack of customer service you received, shortage of towels, and lack of cleanliness of your suite is unacceptable. I sincerely apologize for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are making every effort to use your comments to coach and train our staff.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at _can@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us. We would love to service you in the future should your travels bring you back to the Canton area.

Travellers are raving about these Canton hotels

Canton
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Storms caused a power outage and like many others we needed a place to stay for a couple nights. For $60 we had a full kitchen, pets allowed, breakfast included, an updated clean room and great customer service from the front desk. I was hesitant reading some other negative reviews but I not only have no regrets I would stay here again. Not fancy but clean and nice. For those of you from out of town the hotel is right next to Carrabba's Italian, Ashoka Indian Cuisine, White Castle. Within a mile IKEA, Walmart, movie theaters, Bob Evans, Tim Horton's, Dunkin Donuts and many many other shops and restaurants etc. It's also easy on/off access to highway 275 and about 9 miles to the airport. Thanks Extended Stay, glad ur in the neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank lg2tb
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry that the storms caused a power outage; however, I'm very glad that you received great customer service, a nice clean room, and had no regrets. The shopping centers and restaurants are great in the Canton area. I'm very happy we're located in such a great area surrounded by so many great businesses.

Michigan
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I turned up on a Tuesday with no reservation and they were able to accommodate me no problems. I asked for the cheapest room possible and the receptionist offered me a room for 50 bucks. The receptionist was a middle aged lady who was just lovely by the way, she was from Sheffield, England.

Was given room 131 right by reception. I was a little scared given the price, wasn't sure what to expect. I walked in and it was large, had a kitchen in it (!) and a large bathroom. I have never stayed in a room with a kitchen in the room so I had a look around all the kitchen stuff...fridge, freezer. Everything clean and spacious. Glasses,, saucepans and cutlery were all provided in my "kitchen".

Checked the sheets, clean. Checked the bathroom, something urine looking sitting in the toilet but I wasn't going to cry over it for $50. Checked shower for any sign of pubic hairs...none. Walked into the bedroom area and my large window looked straight out onto the car park. Gave a little wave to a chap sitting in his car looking in at me through the window before drawing my curtains.

There was a nice big tv and coffee making facilities in my room. Also a second mystery door with a lot of sound coming from behind it. Sat on my bed, noticed I had a very few sheets for how cold it is in Michigan in November, so tried opening mystery door to see if there were sheets behind it but there was ANOTHER door that was kind of stapled shut. So I went over to a very old looking air conditioning unit which was under the window and drapes. Fiddled with the temp a little to increase the heat.

Now there was quite a big issue with this machine and it ended up keeping me up most of the night. It would blow hot air every 10 minutes (or cold if set on cool) and when it did this it made an awful kind of roaring sound and billowed the curtains up, allowing all car park inhabitants to peer at me through the window again.

I had a pretty disturbed sleep, due to being started awake every 10minutes thinking I was about to get landed on by a hovering helicopter (air conditioning unit) and due to the mystery door actually being the staff room. So the night staff, I assume were in there watching TV at 3am and taking their breaks in there.

In the morning I was awoken by what sounded like someone trying to mow the cement outside my bedroom window.

Overall it was a pleasant stay. I think I was unlucky with the location of my room but I don't begrudge the hotel for having to put their staff room SOMEWHERE. And the old air conditioning unit was annoying but I paid $50. AND got breakfast. The staff were lovely and friendly and seemed to enjoy working there.

I would stay again,

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was a bad bad experience. Check in took forever, they didn't have the correct reservations, not only for us but also the couple we were traveling with. Then when we got to the room, looked like they hadn't cleaned it in months. We took pictures to the front desk to show and give them the opportunity to fix it, but they said "that's what is available, and because of a convention in town we would have a hard time finding another room in town". REALLY? You don't want to come take a look, try to clean it? The microwave has food in it, looks like a dog has peed all over on the floor, poop on the wall and hair on the toilet in the bathroom, food splatters running down the chairs? Really? Thats acceptable? I think I would rather sleep in the car. We would not consider staying there if it was free, that is how bad it was, and that was decided in just 10 minutes, can't imagine the 2 days we were booked for.

• Stayed November 2013
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Overall my two-months stay was acceptable, the staff was always friendly and the room was comfortable, my recommendation would be clean the rugs or replace that and the A/C units because they are very old. I also had some issues because they didn’t clean my room the day established and the maid did not leave new soap or toilet paper and the room was not really clean. I would like suggest that if they say weekly complete housekeeping service, they must do exactly this.
The TV channels in general were boring. On the other hand every day there were people drinking in the parking lot behind the hotel and it does look a little unsafe and a couple of times I heard dogs barking during the night because pets are allowed.
My friend Klodiana at front desk was always very nice, friendly and she helped me with all what I needed I’ll miss her.
I would recommend the hotel for families or people who want something at a good price but not for business trip

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that housekeeping missed your service and the channels did not meet your expectation. The housekeeping/cleanliness issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have inspected each room to ensure your experience is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at can2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I have been staying here for extended stays due to work. OK - the rooms could use some updating. It would be great if the corporate office would invest in replacing the carpet and some other items in the rooms. Maybe even a few more cable channels. The rooms are clean and by watching the staff constantly running the laundry, I know the towels and linens are clean. Again, things are just worn and need updating or replacing. This is a very economical place to stay, so there is the expectation that there will be some trade offs in creature comforts. The location is great. But the biggest reason I have continued to stay here is the staff. The front desk staff is so friendly and welcoming - they make you feel part of a "family". They look out for you and want to ensure you have a safe and pleasant stay. The housekeeping and maintenance staff are just as friendly and helpful, as is the manager. They all work really hard to provide a great customer experience with the tools they have been given.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
It is so rewarding to read that you had a friendly and welcoming stay stay with us. Thank you for your comments. We appreciate you letting us know that the carpet needs to be replaced and the channels did not meet your expectations. We are sorry for these issues, but are happy to read that we provided you with a home away from home.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Baymont Inn & Suites Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#2 of 5 in Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express Canton

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton? Share your experiences!