“Excellent stay, booked through Priceline” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Canton
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent stay, booked through Priceline”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed here a few days ago (Jan 2014) for one night.

No complaints. Very clean, well maintained.

We booked through Priceline and were fearing the worst, but we were pleasantly surprised to stay in such a nice room.

Only thing is, don't expect a big wow breakfast. Choices of: muffins, oatmeal, coffee, oatmeal bars, fruits.

Lady at the counter was helpful and pleasant. (Klaudiana)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

The staff at Extended Stays America
They are very friendly & professional .
Kloddiana works the front desk , makes everyone staying there feel welcome . She is very proficient & out going to hotel guests .

Dennis

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank welder777
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such positive things about the service you received. It's great to hear that the staff and Klodiana was friendly, professional, and out going .

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I am a regular at Extended Stay properties around the county because I travel with my cat. I've been a resident of this location for over 7 months -- longer than I'd like, but I must say I am comfortable. It is a safe and quiet place, not a lot of riff-raff. The staff is accommodating, and the price is right. I have not experienced any problems related to cleanliness, nor am I aware of any other animals staying at this property -- that is, I do not hear, see, or smell them. Also, I find that the premises are clean and well-kept. Getting back to the staff: the cleaning ladies are very flexible and will do whatever they can to please me. Angela, the manager, is always friendly, helpful, and takes ownership of whatever "thing" I need at the time. Klodiana stands out where the front desk is concerned. She genuinely enjoys making the guest feel at home. She is personable and funny while very professional. She goes out of her way for me always, and I can see she does this for everyone. A good example: she slips my mail under the door at the end of her shift. No one else does this -- and in fact, a certain other front desk person will act totally put-out by my going down and asking for my mail. Maria is also nice, once you get to know her. I could easily go to another location where the rooms are bigger and newer, but this feels more like home to me. I recommend it for long-term stay.

Room Tip: I am on the far end, 3rd level -- big difference.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank jcento
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. I'm thrilled that were providing you and your cat with a home away from home with great pricing, and great service. We appreciate you letting us know that Klodiana is delivering your mail and making you comfortable.

Bailey, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

The hotel is adequate for my long-term needs in Canton. The customer service makes up for the lack of luxury. I will be staying with this hotel for the next 6 months and the desk staff, especially Klodiana makes this stay easier for me. I appreciate her professionalism and kindness when I'm away from home for such long periods of time.

Room Tip: This facility has no gym, but there is a gym across the street.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank max851
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm glad that Klodaiana and the rest of the staff was kind and provided you with great customer service.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Klodiana and Angela are wonderful.
It goes down hill fast after that...I had to stand for several minutes to get help from a different front desk lady. She saw me standing there and ignored me. She looked at me and then continued to chat to another worker. She didn't even acknowledge me. She gave me grief about getting toilet paper and a towel. She said she needed to talk to her manager about giving me a towel and toilet paper. I have been here for 3 weeks and have been shorted towels and toilet paper every week.
The lady that cleans the rooms slams stuff around. I thought a fight was going on in the room next to me because of all the noise. Just to find out it was the cleaning lady.
The smell in room 330 was so bad I could hardly breath. I stayed in that room for 3 weeks thinking that all the rooms must smell this bad. The carpet is so yucky that if I walk around in white socks...They are soon black. YUCK
After finally changing rooms, the smell was better. Then I found ants in room 230. In fact I was bitten by an ant while sitting in the recliner. Maintenance man came up and found another one, but he did spray and hopefully more won't return. The bottom line is that the cleaning ladies don't vacuum under the recliner. When I tipped the recliner forward I found cookie crumbs and cheetos underneath that had been there for who knows how long. I did find more ants a week later. The assistant manager assured me that the cleaning lady would vacuum under my recliner. The next week it was never done. And the assistant manager was transferred so I couldn't even talk to her. Fortunately Angela, the manager, came up and vacuumed under my recliner herself. The week before I left, my room wasn't even cleaned on my cleaning day. I had to go tell Klodiana and she took care of it.
This is a pet friendly hotel and nobody picks up after their pets. Even the hotel staff doesn't clean dog poop that has been sitting for weeks. Be careful not to step in the grass as you might step in dog poop.
Needless to say my stay at Extended Stay America was the worst hotel experience I have ever had.

Room Tip: Every room I stayed in was terrible.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Charles T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. Thank you for the kind comments regarding Klodiana and Angela. However, the lack of customer service you received, shortage of towels, and lack of cleanliness of your suite is unacceptable. I sincerely apologize for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are making every effort to use your comments to coach and train our staff.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at _can@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us. We would love to service you in the future should your travels bring you back to the Canton area.

Travellers are raving about these Canton hotels

Canton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Storms caused a power outage and like many others we needed a place to stay for a couple nights. For $60 we had a full kitchen, pets allowed, breakfast included, an updated clean room and great customer service from the front desk. I was hesitant reading some other negative reviews but I not only have no regrets I would stay here again. Not fancy but clean and nice. For those of you from out of town the hotel is right next to Carrabba's Italian, Ashoka Indian Cuisine, White Castle. Within a mile IKEA, Walmart, movie theaters, Bob Evans, Tim Horton's, Dunkin Donuts and many many other shops and restaurants etc. It's also easy on/off access to highway 275 and about 9 miles to the airport. Thanks Extended Stay, glad ur in the neighborhood.

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank lg2tb
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry that the storms caused a power outage; however, I'm very glad that you received great customer service, a nice clean room, and had no regrets. The shopping centers and restaurants are great in the Canton area. I'm very happy we're located in such a great area surrounded by so many great businesses.

Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I turned up on a Tuesday with no reservation and they were able to accommodate me no problems. I asked for the cheapest room possible and the receptionist offered me a room for 50 bucks. The receptionist was a middle aged lady who was just lovely by the way, she was from Sheffield, England.

Was given room 131 right by reception. I was a little scared given the price, wasn't sure what to expect. I walked in and it was large, had a kitchen in it (!) and a large bathroom. I have never stayed in a room with a kitchen in the room so I had a look around all the kitchen stuff...fridge, freezer. Everything clean and spacious. Glasses,, saucepans and cutlery were all provided in my "kitchen".

Checked the sheets, clean. Checked the bathroom, something urine looking sitting in the toilet but I wasn't going to cry over it for $50. Checked shower for any sign of pubic hairs...none. Walked into the bedroom area and my large window looked straight out onto the car park. Gave a little wave to a chap sitting in his car looking in at me through the window before drawing my curtains.

There was a nice big tv and coffee making facilities in my room. Also a second mystery door with a lot of sound coming from behind it. Sat on my bed, noticed I had a very few sheets for how cold it is in Michigan in November, so tried opening mystery door to see if there were sheets behind it but there was ANOTHER door that was kind of stapled shut. So I went over to a very old looking air conditioning unit which was under the window and drapes. Fiddled with the temp a little to increase the heat.

Now there was quite a big issue with this machine and it ended up keeping me up most of the night. It would blow hot air every 10 minutes (or cold if set on cool) and when it did this it made an awful kind of roaring sound and billowed the curtains up, allowing all car park inhabitants to peer at me through the window again.

I had a pretty disturbed sleep, due to being started awake every 10minutes thinking I was about to get landed on by a hovering helicopter (air conditioning unit) and due to the mystery door actually being the staff room. So the night staff, I assume were in there watching TV at 3am and taking their breaks in there.

In the morning I was awoken by what sounded like someone trying to mow the cement outside my bedroom window.

Overall it was a pleasant stay. I think I was unlucky with the location of my room but I don't begrudge the hotel for having to put their staff room SOMEWHERE. And the old air conditioning unit was annoying but I paid $50. AND got breakfast. The staff were lovely and friendly and seemed to enjoy working there.

I would stay again,

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
Hampton Inn Suites Detroit-Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth
Holiday Inn Express Canton

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton? Share your experiences!