“Affordable room for traveler needing kitchen facilities”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I was in need of a barrier free room post surgery for a couple weeks and this property came to mind. It was located close to my family which was a plus as they were needed to drop off supplies and assist in daily activities. The room was big enough to navigate with a wheelchair moving easily between kitchen, sleeping area and bathroom. The most uncomfortable part of my stay was the bed. Lucky for me I own a tempur pedic mattress topper which improved my sleep immediately on night 2. I found many of the staff to be friendly and courteous even going out of their way to bring packages to my room as doing so myself was difficult to do while moving the wheelchair myself. I did not enjoy the run of the property that the ducks and geese seem to have here though. Walking, my wife, or wheeling, myself, through parking lot and sidewalks was generally tricky so as not to squash and pooh left by the local wildlife.

Room Tip: Make sure person accepting reservation reads back, while you listen intently, the reservation. I wi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Don K

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I booked the place for 7 days and left after 2 days. As soon as I checked in I found the restroom is not clean.She still Didn't change my room. Finally the next person came and change my room. I felt disgusted as I was staying with my wife and kid. I left after 2 days. Out of 3 front desk clark,2 were nice and one was too loud and had bad manners when I checked out.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank iampolash
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have been to this area many times. This was the first time at the Extended Stay America. The staff was very friendly/helpful/professional. Especially Klodiana. She always makes you feel special & welcome. We will stay there again when we return to the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sharon B
Reviewed 16 May 2014

This is the best extended stay that our family has stayed in and we have stayed in several in different states. the staff here is very nice but there is one staff member who goes above and beyond to make the customers feel welcome and at home. Her name is Klodianna not sure of last name but she is one of the full time desk personal and she is so great.

thanks Dianna Delucca

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dianna D
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The staff at Extended Stays America
They are very friendly & professional .
Kloddiana works the front desk , makes everyone staying there feel welcome . She is very proficient & out going to hotel guests .

Dennis

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank welder777
Reviewed 6 May 2014

my family has stayed at this hotel many times and enjoy it! Klodiana who works at the front desk is always extremely great! always friendly, very welcoming from the first time we stayed and always making sure our stay was great! we really enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Katie P
Reviewed 5 May 2014

The reception Lady Karian was absolutly very frendly and help always. First class employ.
Room Service was never without anything she forgot. Towls, soop or trash can.
Water was running the hole time in the bath tube.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank ralf e
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
La Quinta Inn Detroit Canton
Holiday Inn Express Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#1 of 5 in Plymouth

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Canton? Share your experiences!