“Rose's was just OK”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have been wanting to try Rose's since we moved to the area and thought our anniversary would be the perfect opportunity. I read several reviews and thought we'd have a wonderful celebration dinner. The food was OK but nothing to rave about. All the reviewers raved about the stracciatelle (sp?) soup but we thought it was too salty. The house salad dressing with gorgonzola was too oily and we couldn't even taste the gorgonzola. My husband had linguine with clam sauce that he liked. I had the seafood provencale which was loaded with seafood was was also too greasy. The highlight - and I do mean highlight - was the cannoli for dessert. It was large and we shared one, but I'd have liked one for myself. It was fresh, the filling was thick and delicious and the shell was crisp. Will we go back? Maybe, maybe not. But, if I'm ever in the mood for another cannoli I'll know where to go!

4  Thank rabbijan

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Another wonderful lunch at Rose's. Excellent service, great salad with the bread is served fresh and a very filling portion.
Intimate enough to enjoy conversation and have a relaxing meal.
My drink glass was constantly refilled (without asking)!
My friend ordered the Fish & Chips and stated it was really good.

I'm glad there still is family owned setting that are a cut above in my town, so lunch with a friend is special and reasonable.
Its a favorite...........

Reviewed 12 April 2013

My family has been going to Rose's restaurant for 16 years and we love it! It is a family owned restaurant and always willing to make your experience enjoyable. As what the previous person wrote, bread is free and they always give you more! Just ask!! Richie and all the brothers are genuine and really care about your service! They have many options. Italian is their specialty, but their prime rib, Delmonico steak, great chicken dishes and salads are all fresh and superb! The portions are large! They have about 4 - 5 specials daily as well. They have draft beer (which Antonio's doesn't have) and give you a very healthy pour on a glass of wine! The bar area is small and quaint. They have a big banquet area and also do a lot of community events! It really is a nice atmosphere!

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten here three times and decided to call it quits. The pizza is good but everything else is not great and VERY expensive. I will not return.

2  Thank Travlerfor2
Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

In an attempt to try something new... We headed to Rose's. I had very high hopes, and unfortunately I was let down.

I personally ordered the Pasta Primavera. The menu suggested fresh vegetables tossed with fresh garlic and olive oil over pasta. To add chicken or shrimp there would be an additional charge. I opted to get the chicken and swapped my soup for a dinner salad (an additional $1.00 charge, had it been a Caesar, it would have been $2.00). All my family members ordered the soup, three having their version of Italian Wedding, the other the New England Clam Chowder. Not much to speak of on the chowder, but all three that had the Italian wedding soup said it was more like Spiniach Soup than anything else. The bread was very good, but had we wanted any more there would have been an additional charge. Also, any herbs for the bread are an additional charge (instead of butter, which is on the table.)

My dinner was extremely bland. No flavor in the chicken or the sauce, which I am pretty sure was just olive oil.

The family ordered stuffed mushrooms, and the mushrooms were not stuffed, rather covered with cheese and the things the menu suggested would be stuffed inside.

The manager did give my family members dessert because we mentioned they were celebrating an anniversary, and apologized for the delay in one of our dishes arriving.

If you've ever seen an episode of Restraunt Impossible, you know that occasionally there's an owner who has heart. I feel like that's what he had, but Rose's just isn't worth the time when there are better Italian places in the area. I'll go to Antonios or a chain next time. Sorry, guys.

1  Thank nicolledotcom

Been to Rose's Restaurant? Share your experiences!