“Only stay if you get a CHEAP rate”

Baymont Inn & Suites Canton
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed 4 October 2011

The front desk lady was very friendly- this was a late last minute stop and I booked on Hotwire for $47- the lobby looked great but I'm glad I didn't pay a dime more. The room was TINY and rather old with very hard beds. It was ok for a cheap place to get a few hours of sleep. Breakfast was ok and the coffee was pretty good.

• Stayed: October 2011
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Canton

Reviewed 25 September 2011

Note: I haven't actually stayed here. This review is based solely on their customer service. I booked a trip to stay at this hotel for a weekend. Something came up and I ended up having to cancel the reservation. I am willing to eat the one night plus tax penalty for canceling last minute, but when speaking to the hotel, they said we would receive no refund. At all. Their cancelation policy is one night plus tax. Apparently there is no manager that works there because we called several times to speak with one. Eric the Manager, if you exist, please call me back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 405mcdonald1
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Spent the weekend at this hotel, Little shopping, golfing, dining and swimming.
I would like to thank and commend Eric who works at the Fairfield.
He gave us wonderful information on golfing in the area.......the inside scoop!
And did not lead us astray. This was before I even booked the room. That is Customer
Service in action! Bravo Eric! All the staff were more than accomodating.
Outside pool was crystal clear and well maintained. Very enjoyable atmosphere.
The breakfast in the morning (included in the room price) was more than acceptable.
Hotel is located close to all ammenities (IKEA across the street). I will most definately
be going back to the Fairfield.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2011

This hotel is actually an old non-Marriott MOTEL (probably a Day's Inn) with its room entry doors on the outside of the building. The building and its room are OLD and badly worn. The property is located next to run down buildings in what feels like an unsafe area of town. But that is not the worst part. When my room was cleaned the housekeeper somehow caused my room to be inassessible when I returned from a day of work at 7:30 PM. I simply could not get into my room. I then went to the front desk and was told the manager would help me get into my room. After waiting over an hour, the manager finally arrived. It turns out he lives in a room at the Fairfield Inn. It was clear he had been sleeping. His eyes were bloodshot and his hair and clothes were a mess. When I met him the manager said I could check out of the hotel if I wished. That was a totally illogical and insensitive statement as all my baggage was locked in the room. Also, another associate of mine was staying at the hotel. In any event, the hotel manager used a specia tool to open my room door and then he walked away. He never apologized. I will never stay here again and I will ensure that associates in my business stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Xitro
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We stayed here on a Saturday night after visiting the Ann Arbor art fair. Our third floor room was spacious, very clean, almost like new. It included a large wide screen LCD TV, microwave, a large compact refrigerator, iron and ironing board and other amenities. The bed came with 4 comfortable pillows...we had a good night's sleep. The only (and slight) complaint was that the bathroom area was compact. The staff were uniformly courteous and friendly. The hotel had fruit, cookies, and iced water available free to the guests in the small but comfortable lobby. The included continental breakfast was extensive and the breakfast room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2011

We needed 3 rooms for our family and 4 additional teenagers. We needed rooms right next to each other "connecting rooms if you have them." We had a total of 4 teen boys and 4 teen girls on this trip and my husband and I wanted to keep an eye on things to make sure the girls room and the boys room stayed that way, especially since we had assured the other parents of our watchfulness.

My husband arrived to find that the rooms were separated, with one even being around a corner from the others. He was told that there were no other rooms. He checked at a nearby competitor and they had rooms next to each other, so he canceled our reservations at Fairfield. This happened between 6pm and 7pm.

Fairfield claimed that they "never promised" us rooms next to each other and we'd be charged for the 3 rooms since we didn't cancel before 6. I suppose that explaining our need and them accepting our business doesn't constitute a specific promise. Although Eric (manager?) did cut us a heck of a deal. He let us only pay for 1/2 of the costs for 3 rooms that we never set foot in.

I wish we would have never heard of this miserable company. This is the very worst hotel experience of my life.

Room Tip: If you need something specific, make sure you get it in writing or you're likely not going to ge...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 01linda
Reviewed 8 June 2011

The hotel rooms are horrible they need serious updating and renovations. My air conditioner was so loud I could not sleep. I had my two year old daughter with me and i could not even settle down with her because of the noise. I was moved to a different room after being refused a refund. The second room smelled of mildew and feet. I was forced to sleep here because of the refusal to refund my money. I asked for a district manager and eric refused to give me his name. I will never stay here again

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family