“Poor service”

Baymont Inn & Suites Canton
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Canton
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Maid service was very poor, trash left on floor after they "cleaned" the room. Holes on sheets on the bed. Check in was painful as there was only 1 person working and 8 people checking in at the same time. TV/remote was terrible. We are in hockey town but there cable didn't carry hockey playoffs. Find a different hotel to stay at

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Mike the front desk person is awesome. He was friendly and very helpful. He made our day. The location is nice with lots of restaurants nearby. The hotel itself is older and was noisy but very clean. Tim Horton/Coldstone next to the hotel. Big cudos to Mike...he is excellent.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
cantonffi, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Thank you so much for your review of our Detroit/West Canton Fairfield Inn by Marriott.

It was pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Though we are an older we do meet the Marriott standards and I am pleased that you were able to see that through the cleanliness of the room. I do apologize for inconveniences you experienced in regards to the noise and I hope that if you reported them to the desk Michael, or any other front desk agent, did their duty in rectifying the situation.

Again, thank you so much for the feedback. We would love to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Canton area.

Best regards,

Izak Yaldo

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Michael, Mariela and their staff make if feel like "home." Wow! You cannot ask for a more congenial staff. They are both accomdating and personal. They facility is, without questions, top notch. Everything about this stay is the best.

Room Tip: Every room must be great. The third floor offers outstanding view.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Great whirlpool in the room, but didn't like going
Outside to get to my room in the winter.
Customer Service at the desk need to explain more or why
They would double charge once you already paid, but they were nice.

Room Tip: Yes, always there to give towels and soap, thank you
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Just horrible, should not be a Marriott!! Does not meet the standards or presentation of a Marriott. Staff was poorly trained and over worked, running around trying to accommodate services that should of been assigned to house keepers.Breakfast in the morning is a different issue, it was just terrible! I booked a week stay and checked out the next day! Don't waste your money, stay at a real Marriott!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank stacey l
cantonffi, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Canton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Hello Stacy,

I would like to start by apologizing for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us here at the Detroit/West Canton Fairfield Inn. Thank you for your feedback, we use it to improve on our day to day operations.

I'm sad to hear that we did not keep our promise to give you an experience that will make you eager to return.

We are a Marriott property and do meet Marriott standards, and are proud to be amongst the best brand of hotels in the world. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to make things and provide the experience you expect to have, and we hope to provide.

If you are ever in the Canton area again please do not hesitate to reach out to me so that I can personally assist you with hotel accommodations.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I've been a Marriott Platinum member for a few years, and this is the first time where I checked in and immediately checked out. It is dated, dreary, and reminiscent of an older "Days Inn" property -- complete with room entrances on the exterior of the building. The manager advised that they just bought the building and are scheduling major upgrades; but at present it should not be carrying a Marriott nameplate. Their charge for the room was $119/night (which included a $15 discount from their normal $134/night), and it should have been $69/night at best. The manager recommended we stay at the Comfort Suite next door (same owner), and it had its own problems as well. Go figure...

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank steve s
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I am a single women traveling for business and this was my first time in the Detroit area. I pulled up to the hotel and saw that the rooms entrances were located outside! This terrified me and was going to go to another hotel. Upon check in, I told the front desk agent my concern. She immediately called her manager to provide me to the 3rd floor which entrances are inside and more secure. This was by far the best customer service provided to me at all the Marriott's I have visited! Kaitlin was the one who assisted me and she was outstanding! Thank you for making me feel secure and feel right at home!

Room Tip: If you do not like outside entrances try to book the 3rd floor!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canton
La Quinta Inn Detroit Canton
Comfort Inn Plymouth
Comfort Inn Plymouth
#2 of 5 in Plymouth
Red Roof Inn Detroit Plymouth

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Canton? Share your experiences!