“Great small town motel”

Woody'zzz Motel
Woody'zzz Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Caro
Reviewed 27 March 2012

THe woners are warm and friendly and make you feel at home. Rooms are comfortable, with free internet, fridge, microwave. I always stay here when in Caro.

Room Tip: Have been there twice. Both times the rooms were excellent. Whatever they put you in will be fine.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 24 January 2012

My friend and I won a trip to the honeymoon suite, yes this was complete with a heart shaped tub. When we arrived the room was not quite ready, but we hung out in the lobby area and chatted with the girl at the front desk and some other woman in there and they told us where to go for entertainment that night. Sunrise/Sunset is a great bar a little ways away. I would highly recommend it for 20 somethings.

Room Tip: Pay a few bucks extra and get yourself the suite
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank shine1se
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Stayed there during the past few days to attend a funeral. The rooms were clean, accessible, and comfortable. The showers have decent water pressure and contain a dispenser that contains body wash/shampoo. There is also foaming handsoap near the sink which I found neat. If you forgot your hair dryer, there is one in the room to use. Tvs are there for watching your usual cable shows and WiFi is provided in case you need to get on the web with your cell phone or laptop. Finally, there is an ironing board with iron if you need to get those wrinkles out and each day, the staff straightens up and keeps you in supplies. I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner, but from what I gather from my dad, the owner is very nice. Give them a try and support this local business. Even if you have to drive a little, it is worth it, as you may have trouble finding any other hotel around in the area that can compete like Woody'zzz.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Rooster80
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I cannot say enough about the staff at Woody'zzz! I was just passing through Caro on my own and while in town my car broke down. Rick, the owner not only helped me get my car back to the motel, but also told me the fairest place in Caro to get it fixed. The rooms were so clean and the staff at the desk were just as helpful as the owner. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Martha M
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I called earlier because my husband and I ran a race and received a 116.00 gift certificate for Woody'z (which we were thankful for) but since we live here we would probably never use it. So I nicely called and asked if we could get a refund for it all I got was attitude. Because of the attitude i received when I called, with a simple question id never want to stay at this motel. Youd never know an answer to a question if you dont ask. She could have nicely answered with a "no, because well this and that" and I would not have given attitude back at all. Instead I got a snappy answer back both times she spoke. Since I cant do anything else with it we will probably end up using it and i'll make sure not ask questions during my stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cassie W
WoodyzzzFamily, Owner at Woody'zzz Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2011

Hello Cassie!

WOW, I am so glad that you brought this situation to my attention. It was really great speaking with you and I can assure you that this is not our normal standard at Woody'zzz Motel. We are a family business and we really strive to provide the best customer service experiences for our guests. Once again, I deeply apologize and I hope you choose to come back to stay with us. Please feel free to ask for me personally and I will do everything I can to exceed your expectations!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Danielle Wood

Reviewed 4 August 2011

My husband and I have stayed here twice. Once in December 2010 (five nights) and once in July 2011 (6-7 nights). It was a wonderful place to stay while we were home visiting family. The rooms are very clean and smell normal (I hate the dirty "hotel" smell that some hotels have). The rooms are very spacious and I enjoy the convenience of having a 'fridge and microwave in the room. The staff is wonderful, they are helpful and polite even down to the maids that straighten the rooms

Our hotel stay in December was a tiny bit rocky. Our room was located in the back of the hotel, which I won't opt for again due to lost signals with internet. (Though the staff was diligent about resetting the router and trying to help us get online, I think it was just the distance/angle of the room we were in). We also had an issue with the neighboring room (not the hotel's fault)...they had the most ANNOYING yippy dog. It barked every night/morning and it drove me crazy!!!

When we came back in July with our baby daughter we were put in closer room and we had no problems with the internet. (And NO yippy dogs in our neighboring rooms!) :D Our stay in July was perfect and I am looking forward to staying at Woody'zzz again when we come back in December of 2011.

This is the best hotel you'll find in Caro (and the neighboring areas) by a long shot. Don't even think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank SarL85
Reviewed 15 May 2011

We stayed at this motel the night of our granddaughter wedding. The rooms are spacious, very clean, with comfortable beds. There was a refrigerator, micro wave, coffee pot, and hair dryer in the room. The outside of the building looks like a rustic log cabin. The office and breakfast area was very welcoming. We did not eat breakfast there, so I can't comment on the breakfast. There is a Big Boy restaurant near the motel and we had agree to meet some family there. I would definately stay at this motel again and highly recommended it.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caro
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Frankenmuth
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run
The Marv Herzog Hotel
The Marv Herzog Hotel
#4 of 8 in Frankenmuth
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bay City - Riverfront
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Frankenmuth

Been to Woody'zzz Motel? Share your experiences!