“Neglected motel” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bella Vista Inn and Sunset Bay Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Caseville
Bella Vista Inn and Sunset Bay Resort
Shelby Township, Michigan
“Neglected motel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

My wife and i stayed in one of the deluxe rooms that are closer to the beach. The cost was $316 for 2 nights. We chose the week before the Cheeseburger festival. The beach and town were great. The room was horrible. We did not want to walk on the sticky dirty carpeting without our shoes on. The lock on the door did not work properly. There was holes punched right thru the bedroom door. Dirty and smelly room. You wonder what kind of people stayed in our room. Knobs and buttons were missing off any appliances. Even the stove had no knobs, you could not use it. The TV could not be turned on because the buttons was shoved into the set. Like the buttons were smashed in with a screwdriver. The bed was completely worn out. We both had sore backs from that dilapidated bed. I was up most of the 2 nights we stayed, just trying to sleep. I lifted the mattress up and i seen plywood shoved under it, along with some toilet paper, a toilet paper used roll and some dirty looking rags. That bed was totally disgusting. 2 nights was too long to stay. I never thought about bringing our own sheets and blanket, but wished i had. My gut feeling knew that blanket and mattress were more than just dirty. We decided it was better to go back home. I am writing this review on the next day after we returned home. I just slept 13 hours. My body had to make up for the lack of sleep at the Bella Vista. I learn from my mistakes. I will never come back here again. But i will come back to Caseville. I wish i had read the reviews first. That would have been greatly appreciated. This is a bad place to stay. Trust me, i am just trying to help someone.

Room Tip: Chose a different motel. Check the room first. There is no reason to spend your money on a dirty neg...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
10 Thank gary w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed at the resort (if you can call it that) for a nearby family wedding. We choose this location since it had many different types of room options plus the beach and two pools but we were all very, very disappointed and disgusted with Bella Vista. Upon entering the room we were greeted with the awful stench of moldy carpet. The sheets and pillow cases were worn, and didn’t even use the blankets secondary to concerns about cleanliness. The towels were dingy with old stains and the bathroom reminded me of a gas station restroom plus the sink back flowed when the neighboring room used their shower. And the bugs… we opened our windows to allow for some fresh air but unknown to us the screens did not fit and our room quickly filled with hundreds of mosquitos, moths, and small black bugs.

Don’t waste your money on this place, instead get a campsite at the State Park up the road, at least you know your towels and sleeping bags will be clean.

Room Tip: Don't waste your money!!
3 Thank TEG1982
Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

$100 a night for a smelly room. We saw NO smoke detector. We booked a KING bed and got a double. My husband would not let me complain. There were no screens on the windows. Had an A/C unit but blew only warm air. There was NO hot water for Friday-Saturday-Sunday that we were there, only luke warm. I tried at 5 in the morning, 10 at night and 3 in the afternoon. Bed was so bad husband's back is "out" again. Light over vanity (if that was what it was supposed to be) had three bulbs - one worked. TV mounted on shelf in closet and poked thru hole in wall - had to open closet door to even hear it. And then it got only ONE station!! Hardware on door mounted backwards. Only one bulb of three (again) worked in bathroom. No ice machine, no hair dryer, no phones, hundreds of dead bugs lying eveywhere in the morning. Opened cabinet under sink and you could see into next room. About the only thing good thing was a great pillow. But be prepared to be up with the sun as the blinds don't stop any light.

I don't understand how this place get passed by the fire and health department. Were there for a family wedding near by and not one person in our family group (at least 7 rooms) had good comments about their room.

Room Tip: Any place but this!!
3 Thank Barbara H
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had one of the motel rooms that faced the lake. the A/C ran and ran but it didn't cool (it was a room air conditioner over the door!) couldn't open the windows-no screens, bed was 12 " from the bathroom door, no hairdryer, no clock, no phone, no coffee-maker, the white towels had huge stains on them, not enough towel racks, smelled very musty, the "blackout" curtains were see-through, couldn't hangup anything and could barely get our suitcases in the door and get this--NO ICE machine--had to pay $2 per bag of ice. The pool deck had nasty outdoor carpet on it and the pool chairs were were rickety and the chair cushions were faded and torn. I suggest going to a Motel 6 or Super 8-they are MUCH better. Positive=great lake view and beach access

4 Thank p v
Rochester, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Smal stinky room but great place to camp out during cheeseburger week in Caseville! Beautiful beach and pool also great houses to rent but you have to rent for a week and we were only there for one night. We were in the smallest room gnat used to be the massage room! Still fun time!

Room Tip: Call ahead and go for one of the bigger rooms or houses!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rochester Hills, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My niece was married on the beach further down the road, so we booked 6 rooms for the family.
Upon arrival on Saturday I informed the office that my toilet did not work. That night after the wedding, I further found out the mattress on their "king-size" bed was worn-out, the air-conditioner was either on set at 60 degrees or you could turn it off completely. We ended up using the toilet in another room because ours was not functional. The tiny shower had three streams of water coming out, not a relaxing stay. Save your money.

Room Tip: Go find another place to stay. really small showers. no water pressure.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank handytjn69
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I booked this inn for a 26 night stay since it was one of the cheapest I could find. I am very used to rough life and I thought I could rough out if things weren't perfect. Oh boy, I couldn't last 24 hours at this place. The room was sticky as hell. It smelled like a dead dog inside. No kidding!!! I could hardly breath inside the room. As you enter the room from outside, it was terrible and I had to breath in slowly to get used to the smell. I think it's probably mildew under the carpet. The floor felt wet and it was dirty. I had to wear socks inside since the carpet was sticky and moist. The socks turned dark brown after a few hours. I checked out the first thing next morning and ran away from this place as fast as I could. Don't bother to stay here because of the price. It is a health hazard and will cost you more in the long run. I was born and lived in a 3rd world country but this is much worse than the poorest hotels far east, honestly.I am picking a 1 star since there is no '0' star. This is my first ever bad review on a hotel and that sums it up.

Room Tip: Dont even bother considering this place. Move to the inn next door. A bit pricier but it's worth...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
9 Thank SeanPFL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Caseville
Holiday Inn Express Bad Axe
Ameriway Inn and Suites
Ameriway Inn and Suites
#1 of 4 in Bad Axe
Lakeside Motor Lodge
Lakeside Motor Lodge
#5 of 5 in Port Austin

Been to Bella Vista Inn and Sunset Bay Resort? Share your experiences!