“It is a wonderful life at Duke Creek!”

Duke Creek Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cedar Springs
Duke Creek Campground
Reviewed 30 August 2012

This a family friendly place to visit. We are new at camping the folks here made extra efforts to accommodate us. We brought two small grandchildren who loved every minute. They asked when can we come back?

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank revbkd

Reviewed 22 August 2012

We stayed at Duke Creek Campground August 17-19, 2012. Had 6 lots reserved for our family. Two of us had campers and the rest camped in tents. I've camped at a lot of places, and I was impressed. The lots were good-sized with nice grass. We camped right next to the woods, but didn't have any issues with raccoons or bugs. The bathrooms were very clean and appeared to be recently remodeled. We had a lot of little kids in our group, all under age 7, and I felt comfortable letting them ride their bikes and play. The park employees seemed genuinely concerned that we were enjoying ourselves and had everything we needed. They will deliver firewood to your campsite and if you leave your trash in a bag by the road they are there picking it up within 10 minutes. My 19-month-old loved the train ride, and we all enjoyed the hayride and kickball games as a family. They also have a nice playground area for the kids. We had a great time and we have scheduled our dates for next year!

2  Thank SurgeMSU
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I was on a lot about 3 sites from Chris V and Tboyd11 with my family for the week-end, and was very upset with their group. On Friday night about 11:30pm I asked them if they could tone it down a bit as we had the kid in bed and were trying to enjoy our own campfire. They told me that they paid for their camps site and would do what ever they wanted. I called the owner and she came over and was able to get them to quiet it down. On Saturday night at 10:00pm (start of quiet time) they started to blow a horn and do a lot of screaming. The owner was there in about 2 minutes and told them to nock it off, or they would be evicted. This was the most self centered group of people I have ever meet. We have been camping here for years and this is the first time we have ever had any problems. The owners are very friendly and go out of their way to help their campers. We have already made our reservations for labor day.

Reviewed 14 August 2012

We went to this campground August 2012 for family campout. Yes we had about 70 people in our group but you are unable to do anything here with the fun police driving around all the time. They actually told the kids riding bikes that they were not allowed to skid their tires on the roads. There was a gentleman who was driving in the park and one of the workers/owners was on a tractor and he literally jumped off the tractor and chased the car down yelling at the person driving to stop. We thought it was because it did look like he was driving faster than 5 mph but no it was because he didn't have his park pass hanging in his window. Really?? You would have thought this guy did something really serious. Quiet time is 10pm and you had better be very quiet or they will come yell at you or threaten to kick you out. Also, this park has a lot of seasonal renters who want it quiet which is fine but then they should have put us in a place in the park that we could at least talk. 70 people around a campfire make a lot of noise even if everyone is whispering. The park is small so riding a bike would take you maybe 5 minutes to go around all loops so taking bikes really is a waste of time if you are planning on riding in just the park.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Golflady
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed here the week-end Tboyd11 and his group were here, and they were the most self-centered group of people I have ever meet. On Friday night they had about 40 or 50 people on their site drinking and being load and screaming. About 11:00pm I asked them if they could tone it down a bit, our kids were in bed and we were trying to enjoy our own fire. They told me they paid for their sites and would do what ever they wanted to. The owner came over and got them to quite down and the rest of the night was quiet. Saturday night they started blowing a horn at 10:00pm and the owner told them to be quiet or he would have them evicted. We have stayed here several times and really enjoyed ourselfs, and are coming back.

2  Thank Britt H
Reviewed 13 August 2012

I have been an avid camper and an RVer since my parents started taking me camping some 66 years ago. I have traveled well over 100,000 miles in various RV's and have been in many campgrounds and RV Resorts. This campground has nice facilities and their cabins are very nice. Nice pool, playground, open area and they provide rides on wagons pulled by a tractor. They also have a small train like ride for the children. A small store rounds out what the park has to offer. So reading this you would think it is a nice park. Well it is except for the people who either own it or work there. Everything you have read about being chased around is 100% correct! Rude, you bet!

Our group told them that we would be about 60-70 people. If you have owned a campground for any amount of time you know that a group that size will generate some noise. Sitting around a campfire enjoying a drink, a fire and talking with friends is just one of the reasons people go camping. We usually have guitars and sing songs around the fire. I guess that would have been stopped also.

You can not have a campground with full time residents and expect the nightly campers to shut down everything because the residents want ABSOLUTE QUIET at 10 P.M. Everything that the children in our group did was curtailed as the park was worried they might break something, including the rope that divides the swimming pool.

I can not and will not recommend this campground to anyone whether your a group or a single family. Nice facility, not nice people.

2  Thank Marty V
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Unless you go to bed at 10pm, and dont enjoy sitting around a campfire with a beer and talking to your family, then this is NOT the place for you. If this campground doesnt allow those things, they should have never allowed me to book 19 sites for 70+ people. I booked them all together, letting them know well ahead of time that we were a large group that gathers around 1 fire at night talking. I was told as long as we werent "rowdy" it wouldnt be an issue. I dont consider sitting around a fire talking at midnight "rowdy". We've been rowdy in the past, and this weekend was by NO MEANS even close to "rowdy" . They did try to set up a fire in the back for us, to keep us from "bothering" other campers, however it was a 15 minute walk and we have several young children. Although the thought was appreciated and we voiced that, it just wouldnt work. What I dont appreciate is management threatening to take away my little cousins electric scooter (that his parents clearly allow him to ride) because according to them, it's "too dangerous." This whole situation could have been avoided if they would have just said, i'm sorry your group is just too large. Never in the past 25+ years that we as a family have been doing this, have we EVER run in to anything remotely close to this kind of management. With that said, I dont appreciate management messaging my cousin privately instead of responding to her comment on here telling her that:
"We have many groups that camp here every year but you were the most disrespectful people ever. You had no reguard for anyone else who was camping. I bet you have to move campgrounds every year because once is enough with you people. We even put a fire ring in an area out back so you could hoot and holler all night, but that wasn't good enough. People come here to have fun, they know this a family park not a place for a drunken free for all. "

looks like the fun police isnt leaving anytime soon there, I would absolutely not recommend for a large group and/or people that like to talk. They should just post on their site that this is not a place for you if you have a large, older crowd that stays up late and drinks. We would have completely avoided this place. boo duke creek and its cranky staff.

2  Thank Meg C

Been to Duke Creek Campground? Share your experiences!