“Greatest stay ever!”

Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Charlevoix
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I travel to Beaver Island regularly. Typically the boat leaves early in the morning and i travel from the Detroit area. I would not think of staying at any hotel except the Weathervane Terrace. The General Manager Tom, and his staff are incredible. They offer Up North hospitality at its finest!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 October 2011

My husband and I stayed 10/03- 10/5/11 for our honeymoon. I had booked this Inn by just way it looks. I love the history and beauty of this Inn. The owners Tom and Jean went out of their way to make our stay very memorable. Just a down home feeling and lots of smiles on everyone's faces. The view from the pool and conference area is breathtaking. Just one stay and you'll come back, we will for sure!!! Thank you Tom & Jean.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2011

We were amazed at everything you get at this spacious rooms hotel. We would go there again many times. It was a great price. Loved it!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Our second visit to the Weathervane In two years.

I just wanted to take a few lines to explain how the service accorded us began weeks before our actual stay.

I wanted to book the same Lake Michigan Suite as we enjoyed last year. But I couldn't find our rental info. Sent off an email inquiry, and the back of the house management team searched the archives for that visit. They found all our info from 2010, reserved the suite we had last visit, and sent us a confirmation email all within three hours of my inquiry. Talk about no stress vacation planning...

We're big fans of the personnel and the property that is Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jimmyk64
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights in a Lake Michigan suite on 9/30 - 10/1/11. Check-in experience was hassle free. Short drive to our room. Elevator to third floor. Did not see luggage cart until I moved everything. Suite was very large and comfortable. Flat screen TV with digital cable. Small kitchenette with stove, microwave, sink, refrigerator, dishes and glasses. Not luxurious by any stretch, but similar in quality to an updated Holiday Inn. Partial view of Lake Michigan. Great location within walking distance of downtown. Did not try the restaurant, although judging by the number of cars in the parking lot, it is probably pretty good. Continental breakfast pretty typical. Overall, a very good experience and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in suite # 66 which had a partial Lake Michigan view. The view would likely be more direct...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rmeade88
Reviewed 19 September 2011

We just returned from a 3 day stay at the Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites, all I can say is outstanding. We booked a Lake Michigan Suite a 2 room suite with a view of Lake Michigan, the rate was $79.99. Upon checking in the desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. As I mentioned our room was a 2 room suite, living room with kitchenette, fireplace, large balcony with table and chairs, our room was #64. The room was completely updated flat panel LCD, newer furniture, and newer bedding. The room was extremely quiet each day we were supplied a Duralog for the fireplace. I did not have breakfast at the hotel which is supplied at no charge, from what I saw it looked like there was a large selection to choose from. The hotels management and entire staff are to be congratulated for providing excellent service and a excellent property which translated into a wonderful getaway.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MMAC1122
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We loved the Weathervane Inn. A member of our party could not use the stairs, so we were upgraded to ground floor rooms (all 3 rooms in the party!). The staff was very accomodating, the rooms very comfortable and the breakfast kept us shopping until a 2 pm lunch! We will probably be back for a fall color tour!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlevoix
Charlevoix Inn & Suites
The Apple Tree Inn
The Apple Tree Inn
#5 of 15 in Petoskey
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey

Been to Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!